Racial equity and pandemic workforce files among those to be heard by committee
Alderwoman Milele A. Coggs is the sponsor of several files at tomorrow’s meeting of the Finance and Personnel Committee (Wednesday, January 13). Many of the files are follow-ups to budget amendments sponsored by Alderwoman Coggs and address key racial equity and pandemic workforce issues, risk management strategies, and more.
“Milwaukee is majority minority city, and it is our duty as a Council to be inclusive and to embrace our diversity. We need to track our city workforce and service allocation to ensure that they truly reflect our city, and that is why I have requested a racial equity audit of all city departments by the Inspector General,” Alderwoman Coggs said.
The full list of files sponsored by Alderwoman Coggs to be heard at tomorrow’s committee meeting is as follows:
- File #201196 – Resolution directing the Department of Employee Relations and the Department of Administration to present a report to the Common Council on the implementation of permanent remote work schedules for City employees.
- File #201192 – Resolution directing the Department of Administration Office of Equity and Inclusion to cooperate with the City Clerk Inspector General in conducting a Racial Equity Audit of all City departments.
- File # 201193 – Resolution directing the Department of Administration Office of Equity and Inclusion to report to the Common Council on City equity and inclusion initiatives on a quarterly basis.
- File #201194 – Resolution directing the City Attorney to provide quarterly reports to the Common Council on the development and implementation of risk management strategies.
- File #201202 – Resolution directing the Budget and Management Director to provide quarterly reports to the Common Council on the status of the Milwaukee Promise.
- File #201207 – Resolution relating to the expenditure of funds from the Concentrated Blight Elimination capital account.
Tomorrow’s virtual Finance and Personnel Committee meeting will begin at 9 a.m. and will be televised live on the City Channel (channel 25 on Spectrum Cable and channel 99 on AT&T U-Verse in the City of Milwaukee) and via streaming video on the city website at city.milwaukee.gov/Channel25.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Milele Coggs
Event will include announcement of 2020 Difference Makers Award winners