Patio at Captain Pabst Pilot House Reopens
Second Phase of Reopening Designed to Keep Patrons Safe Begins This Weekend
MILWAUKEE, Wis. (June 12, 2020) – After being fully closed for two months due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the newly-rebranded Captain Pabst Pilot House (formerly the Pabst Milwaukee Brewery and Taproom) reopened to the public for “Beer to Go” in late May.
This weekend, the second phase of the reopening begins with the reopening of the outdoor patio. Starting on Friday, June 12, the Captain Pabst Pilot House patio reopens to patrons for beverage service, live music as well as a limited food menu from Great Lakes Galley.
Patio hours are Friday, from 2 to 9 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, from Noon to 9 p.m.
The Captain Pabst Pilot House is in a historic 148-year old building on the original Pabst complex – the former First German Methodist Church located on the corner of Juneau Avenue and 11th Street.
Captain Pabst Pilot House “Beer to Go” hours are Wednesday and Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m., Friday from 2 to 7 p.m. and on Saturday and Sunday from Noon to 7 p.m.
“We are taking many precautions to keep our customers safe, including: limited seating with six-foot spacing between tables, supplying staff with masks and hand sanitizer, offering single-use paper menus, putting all beer and food in plastic and to go containers, thoroughly cleaning tables between guests and sanitizing every evening,” said Powers.
The target date for the next phase of reopening – opening the inside dining room at a 25% capacity — is June 24. Live music inside the venue is tentatively scheduled to return to the Pilot House in early July.
“Our popular tours of the micro-brewery and live music performances will return in July at a 25% capacity to ensure the safety of our patrons in traditionally crowded environments,” said Powers.
Brewery tours are set to start July 8th, with tickets available in advance online only and will be offered on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 5 to 8 p.m., Fridays from 4 to 8 p.m. and Saturdays and Sunday from Noon to 4 p.m.
- Wisconsin Has Fastest COVID-19 Spread In U.S. - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 7th, 2020
- Op Ed: Please Honor Interdependence Day(s) - Tom Nelson - Jul 7th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Cases Double Since Memorial Day - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 7th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Announces Statewide Efforts to Distribute PPE to Schools, Food Processors, Businesses - Gov. Tony Evers - Jul 7th, 2020
- Two Milwaukee Brewers Have COVID-19 - Brady Carlson - Jul 7th, 2020
- Legislators Who Opposed Pandemic Aid Grab Grants - Erik Gunn - Jul 7th, 2020
- Wisconsin To Have Nation’s COVID-19 Testing Center - Rob Mentzer - Jul 7th, 2020
- BBB Alert: Mask Exemption Cards are Fake - Wisconsin Better Business Bureau - Jul 7th, 2020
- Milwaukee-Area Company Offers 1 Million Free Masks To Help Residents Comply With Proposed City Mandatory Mask Ordinance For Public Places - Rebel Converting - Jul 7th, 2020
- City Hall: What Is And Isn’t In Milwaukee’s Mask Mandate - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 6th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Captain Pabst Pilot House
Response to COVID-19 outbreak includes closing taproom to general public, suspending brewery tours and the postponement of “Captain Pabst Day” event on March 28
Rechristened “Captain Pabst Pilot House,” Grand Opening Event Includes Free Tours of Rebranded Taproom and Brewery, Yoga, Live Music and More on Saturday, March 28