Nine Testing Sites Available for Milwaukee’s North Side Neighborhoods
MILWAUKEE— Starting this week, the Wisconsin National Guard will be pausing COVID-19 testing at its Midtown Center. Residents of Milwaukee’s North Side neighborhoods can still access diagnostic COVID-19 testing at nine area hospital systems and community health centers.
Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should call their healthcare provider to set up an appointment. If you do not have a provider, call 2-1-1 to speak with a nurse about your symptoms and find a nearby location to be tested. There are no insurance, income or immigration restrictions for receiving a COVID-19 diagnostic test. All are welcome.
“In addition to the work of the National Guard, our healthcare system has testing available for symptomatic individuals at multiple locations across the city,” said Mayor Tom Barrett. “Do not let cost, lack of insurance or absence of a primary care doctor keep you from receiving care. There are plenty of resources available to help you during this time, and we want to encourage you to take advantage of them to keep yourself, and your community, safe.”
COVID-19 testing sites on Milwaukee’s North Side are offered by Ascension Wisconsin, Advocate Aurora Health, Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Health Services, Inc., Outreach Community Health Centers and Progressive Community Health Centers.
Individuals will have the opportunity to speak with a nurse to:
- Understand and identify COVID-19 symptoms
- Learn what precautions to take while waiting for test results
- Receive instructions on how to treat illness at home and keep family members safe from virus exposure
- Help manage chronic conditions like diabetes and asthma while in isolation
- Access medications, behavioral health services and other health care needs
- Get connected to the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, insurance coverage and other social services
Locations and Contact Information:
Milwaukee Health Services, Inc.
2555 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Drive
8200 W. Silver Spring Drive
Outreach Community Health Centers
210 W. Capitol Drive
Progressive Community Health Centers
3522 W. Lisbon Ave.
Ascension St. Joseph
5000 W. Chambers Street
Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Family Health Center
1121 W. North Ave.
Ascension All Saints Family Heath Center
2400 W. Villard Ave.
Aurora Health Center Midtown
5818 W. Capitol Drive
Froedtert North Hills Health Center
W129 N7055 Northfield Dr.
Menomonee Falls, WI, 53051
- WI Daily: 308 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 1st, 2021
- Wisconsin Anticipates First Shipment of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Mar 1st, 2021
- Marquette University announces in-person plans for fall 2021 semester - Marquette University - Mar 1st, 2021
- Dane County Drops Most Fines Against Dance Studio - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Mar 1st, 2021
- Back in the News: Uline Workers Suffer Higher COVID-19 Rates - Bruce Murphy - Mar 1st, 2021
- Groups Now Eligible for the COVID-19 Vaccine - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Mar 1st, 2021
- WI Daily: 464 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 28th, 2021
- WI Daily: 689 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 27th, 2021
- HDA Statement on FDA Authorization of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine - Healthcare Distribution Alliance - Feb 27th, 2021
- Gallagher Statement on Pelosi’s Payout - U.S. Rep Mike Gallagher - Feb 27th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Mayor Tom Barrett