Wisconsin Bike Fed
Press Release

MilWALKee Walks and Coalition for Safe Driving MKE Launch Safe Driving Campaign


By - Sep 17th, 2020 01:33 pm

MilWALKee Walks in partnership with Coalition for Safe Driving MKE, officially announces a new safe driving campaign called the Milwaukee Pace Car Pledge. Designed to promote safe driving accountability, the Pace Car Pledge calls residents to take action by making a personal commitment to driving safely. More specifically, the pledge aims to influence residents to reduce overall car usage; not text while driving; be courteous and follow all local traffic laws; sharing the road with bicyclists, pedestrians, and other drivers.

According to the latest report by the national non-profit Smart Growth America In the last decade, the number of people struck and killed while walking increased by 35 percent. The last two years on record (2016 and 2017) were the most deadly years for people killed by drivers while walking since 1990.”

In Milwaukee, according to the Public Policy Forum, fatalities increased 97 percent from 2013 to 2018. In the rest of the state, fatalities increased 3 percent during that time span, according to the Policy Forum.

With the Milwaukee Pace Car Pledge, the message is simple. We must take responsibility for our driving behavior.

Signing up for the Milwaukee Pace Car Pledge is easy. Visit the Coalition for safe Driving’s official website, click on the “Take the Pace Car Pledge,” tab, get informed, and sign up! You will receive an official Milwaukee Pace Car decal in the mail to be placed on your vehicle demonstrating to all around you that you’re personally committed to community traffic safety.

Mentioned in This Press Release


Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Bike Fed

Wisconsin Bike Week June 2nd-9th

Celebrate Wisconsin Biking and Have FUN on Your Bike

Wisconsin Bike Fed

Kids Asking City Hall for Safer Streets

As many pedestrian killed in Milwaukee in first 6 months of 2017 as in all of 2017

Leave a Reply

You must be an Urban Milwaukee member to leave a comment. Membership, which includes a host of perks, including an ad-free website, tickets to marquee events like Summerfest, the Wisconsin State Fair and the Florentine Opera, a better photo browser and access to members-only, behind-the-scenes tours, starts at $9/month. Learn more.

Join now and cancel anytime.

If you are an existing member, sign-in to leave a comment.

Have questions? Need to report an error? Contact Us