Matt Flynn Makes Statement on the Corrupt Handling of the Foxconn Contract by Walker’s WEDC
Flynn says he’s not surprised there are major problems with the handling of the contract, given WEDC’s history of mismanagement and corruption
(Milwaukee) – Wisconsin gubernatorial candidate Matt Flynn today responded to news that the contract for the disastrous Foxconn deal will remain a secret until it is signed by the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC).
“I have opposed this deal from the very beginning. Not only does it fail to provide any guarantees as to the number of jobs it will provide or protections for taxpayers, it exempts Foxconn from many of the environmental protections that Wisconsin companies have to follow. It’s crony capitalism at its worst, putting a foreign corporation before our own small businesses and taxpayers.
“Wisconsinites deserve better of their state government and of their Governor. Taxpayers should be protected from corruption.”
This week, Wisconsin state Senator Tim Carpenter formally requested that the WEDC present the entire Foxconn contract to the board after a problem characterized as a “nuclear bomb” was found in the staff underwriting provided. According to WEDC spokesman Mark Maley, it’s corporate policy to provide a “staff review” of contracts to board members, rather than the full contract. Yesterday, WEDC Secretary Mark Hogan told state lawmakers he would not reconsider publicly disclosing Foxconn contract terms to the public before it is signed.
Matt Flynn is a Navy veteran, attorney, and former Chair of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin. He attended law school at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
For additional information, visit www.ForwardWithFlynn.com.
Forward with Flynn
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Matt Flynn
"Philanthropic organizations in Wisconsin support tens of thousands of people every year."
Retired Archbishop Rembert Weakland confirmed that neither Flynn nor any lawyers were involved in transfers of abusive priests.
Democratic challenger has raised nearly $700,000 since the start of the campaign