Lt. Gov. Barnes Delivers Democratic Radio Address Thanking Wisconsinites for Masking Up
Lt. Gov. Barnes today delivered the Democratic Radio Address thanking Wisconsinites for wearing face coverings and providing some tips on how and when to wear a face covering.
Hi, Wisconsin! It’s Lt. Governor Mandela Barnes here.
As every region of our state continues to see high levels of COVID-19, I wanted to take a moment today to thank you for wearing a face covering or mask whenever you’re out and about.
This simple task could save lives as we know face coverings and masks are effective tools to stop the spread of COVID-19.
First of all, wear your mask whenever you are indoors in a space that is not your own home.
Second, wear a mask anytime you’re around others who you don’t share a home or living unit with.
Next, always wash your hands before and after putting on or taking off your mask. And try not to touch it or move it around without washing your hands.
And finally, remember that a mask or face covering is not a substitute for physical distancing. Please continue to maintain 6 feet of distance between you and anyone who is not a member of your household.
These steps are critical to our efforts to box in this virus and keep Wisconsinites safe. My mask protects you, your mask protects me.
So Mask Up, Wisconsin, and let’s get through this together.
- WI Daily: 116 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 17th, 2021
- WI Daily: 232 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 16th, 2021
- About The CDC’s New Mask Guidance - Erik Gunn - May 16th, 2021
- WI Daily: 550 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 16th, 2021
- WI Daily: 513 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 14th, 2021
- Fully Vaccinated People Can Resume Activities Without Masks - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - May 14th, 2021
- Bill Would Ban UW-System Vaccine Requirements - Henry Redman - May 14th, 2021
- WI Daily: 485 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 13th, 2021
- State Approves COVID-19 Vaccine for Kids 12 and Older - Erik Gunn - May 13th, 2021
- Brewers Home Games to be at Full Capacity Beginning June 25 - Milwaukee Brewers - May 13th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
- Court Watch: Why Court Voided Evers Emergency Order - Gretchen Schuldt - Apr 5th, 2021
- Statement by Heartland Institute Director Jeré Fabick on WI Supreme Court Victory Against Gov. Tony Evers - Heartland Institute - Mar 31st, 2021
- Senator Agard: Statement on Supreme Court Decision - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Mar 31st, 2021
- Wisconsin’s Hyperpartisan Supreme Court is Endangering the Public - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Mar 31st, 2021
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Gov. Evers’ Multiple Emergency Declarations Violate Law - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Mar 31st, 2021
- Rep. Hesselbein Statement on Supreme Court Ruling on Emergency Orders - State Rep. Dianne Hesselbein - Mar 31st, 2021
- Statement on Wisconsin Supreme Court Decision - State Sen. Jon Erpenbach - Mar 31st, 2021
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement Regarding Supreme Court Decision - Gov. Tony Evers - Mar 31st, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Statement on Wisconsin Supreme Court Ruling - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Mar 31st, 2021
- State Supreme Court Overrules Evers’ Emergency Powers - Laurel White - Mar 31st, 2021
Read more about Statewide Mask Mandate here