Leah Attends Opioid Taskforce Meeting about Alternative Treatments to Pain
"Unfortunately the overprescription of painkillers has caused too many people to become addicted to opioids and leading them to a sometimes deadly level of drug use."
Milwaukee — State Sen. Leah Vukmir, R– Brookfield, released the following statement after attending a meeting of Gov. Walker’s Taskforce on Heroin and Opioid Abuse at Sixteenth Street Community Health Center on Friday:
“One of the key issues I hear from veterans and concerned families as I travel across the state is that they want us to increase access to alternatives for chronic pain treatment. Unfortunately the overprescription of painkillers has caused too many people to become addicted to opioids and leading them to a sometimes deadly level of drug use. Today’s meeting was informative, and I am eager to continue the discussion so our health professionals have the tools they need to care for our friends and families in pain.”
Leah Vukmir is a nurse, military mom and conservative with a proven record who has stood with Gov. Walker in cutting taxes and implementing bold reforms. She is running for the U.S. Senate to bring the Wisconsin Way to Washington. She currently serves as a state senator from Brookfield.
Leah for Senate
- Milwaukee County Headed for Record Overdoses in 2020 - Edgar Mendez - Jun 19th, 2020
- Retaliating Against a Witness Who Provided Information to Law Enforcement About Neopit Woman’s Drug Dealing Leads to Prison Sentence - U.S. Department of Justice - Jun 16th, 2020
- Grant extension of $500K good news for MKE’s efforts to combat opioid epidemic - Ald. Michael Murphy - Jun 10th, 2020
- Baldwin Requests Funding to Study Opioid Crisis - Isiah Holmes - May 22nd, 2020
- U.S. Senators Tammy Baldwin and Jeanne Shaheen Lead Colleagues in Calling for Increased Opioid Funding in Coronavirus Relief Package - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - May 19th, 2020
- Award-Winning Wisconsin Enhanced Prescription Drug Monitoring Program Changes Prescribing Culture, Drives Down Opioid and Controlled Substance Prescribing - Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services - May 11th, 2020
- Opioid Treatment Facility Sees Uptick During Pandemic - Isiah Holmes - Apr 9th, 2020
- Wisconsin Physician Agrees to Pay Financial Penalties to Resolve Allegations That He Prescribed Opioids Illegally and Violated False Claims Act - U.S. Department of Justice - Apr 5th, 2020
- County Overdose Deaths Up 50% in 2020 - Graham Kilmer - Apr 5th, 2020
- MKE County: Federal Grant Funds New Opioid Program - Graham Kilmer - Mar 4th, 2020
Read more about Opioid Crisis here
Recent Press Releases by State Sen. Leah Vukmir
"Government doesn’t create jobs, but it can create a friendly environment for job growth and economic prosperity."
"I’m honored to have the Milwaukee Police Association’s endorsement."
Leah Praises President Trump For Addressing The Caravan Of Illegal Immigrants Heading Toward AmericaOct 24th, 2018 by State Sen. Leah Vukmir
"We could have criminals, drug lords and terrorists from the Middle East in this caravan..."