Joint Statement: Foxconn Developments
"We want to thank President Trump for his commitment to Wisconsin workers – our state has an ally in the White House who is dedicated to helping us bring family-supporting careers to our state."
[Madison, WI] — Assembly Speaker Robin Vos (R-Rochester) and Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau) released the following statement on President Trump’s phone call with Foxconn Chairman Terry Gou:
“We want to thank President Trump for his commitment to Wisconsin workers – our state has an ally in the White House who is dedicated to helping us bring family-supporting careers to our state.
“We also want to thank Foxconn for reaffirming its commitment to the historic investment in Wisconsin. Southeast Wisconsin and the entire state will see an influx of manufacturing jobs and billions in investment that will impact Wisconsin for generations to come.
“Wisconsin Republicans are dedicated to keeping our state open for business. We will continue to fight to keep the state moving forward.”
By Sen. Scott Fitzgerald and Rep. Robin Vos
- Op Ed: Foxconn Shows Folly of Cheesehead Revolution - Dan Shafer - May 12th, 2021
- Foxconn Deal Doesn’t Reduce Local Government Risk - Corri Hess - May 3rd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The True Costs of New Foxconn Deal - Bruce Murphy - Apr 28th, 2021
- The State of Politics: All Sides Won On New Foxconn Deal - Steven Walters - Apr 26th, 2021
- New Foxconn Deal Cuts Incentives By $2.77 Billion - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 20th, 2021
- Rep Hintz: Statement on Approval of Revised Foxconn Contract - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Apr 20th, 2021
- New Foxconn and WEDC Agreement Provides Flexibility and Clarity for Renewed Tech Investments in Science and Technology Park - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Announces Renegotiated Foxconn Contract to Save Taxpayers $2.77 Billion - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 20th, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Statement on Foxconn Announcement - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Apr 19th, 2021
- Evers Announces New, Smaller Foxconn Deal - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 19th, 2021
Read more about Foxconn Facility here