Irish Festivities at The Avenue leading up to the St. Patrick’s Day Parade March 9th
Along with the parade, the Westown Association has planned a week of Irish entertainment and celebrations at The Avenue (formerly Grand Avenue).
The Shamrock Club of Wisconsin’s 53rd Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade will make its return to Downtown Milwaukee on Saturday, March 9th at Noon. The parade steps off on Wisconsin Avenue at Old World Third Street and will wind its way through the streets of Downtown Milwaukee.
Building on a successful partnership, the Shamrock Club of Wisconsin and the Westown Association, along with presenting sponsor Miller Lite, are collaborating on Wisconsin’s oldest and largest St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Although the Shamrock Club of Wisconsin is celebrating its 53rd anniversary of producing the parade, the event dates back to 1843, predating the incorporation of the State of Wisconsin and the City of Milwaukee. Milwaukee’s parade is the sixth oldest in the nation.
Along with the parade, the Westown Association has planned a week of Irish entertainment and celebrations at The Avenue (formerly Grand Avenue). The schedule is as follows:
- Lunch Time Entertainment: 11:30am-1pm (Except Saturday) at Stone Creek Coffee 275 West Wisconsin Avenue, 2nd St Skywalk:
- Wednesday, March 6th: Ian Gould
- Thursday, March 7th: Michael Tinker Tierney
- Friday, March 8th: Beglan Academy of Irish Dance
- 12pm – Press conference featuring local dignitaries
- 12:30pm – Rock Bottom Bash O’ Corned Beef: 7th Annual Corned Beef Eating Contest sponsored this year by Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery- Contestants will duel it out to see who can eat the most corned beef in 10 minutes.
- Saturday, March 9th: 11am-2pm- Frogwater
- 53rd Annual Shamrock Club of Wisconsin’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade: Saturday, March 9th– 12pm
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Westown Association
“Halfway to St. Patrick’s Day” celebration scheduled for September 2021