Hesselbein Votes No to Republican Private Investigators
MADISON – Today, Speaker Robin Vos, Chair of the Committee on Assembly Organization, issued a paper ballot to members of the committee to approve or deny authorization to hire legal counsel and employ investigators. The ballot issued today is another Republican attempt to sow doubt about the 2020 presidential election.
Republican leadership frequently issues paper ballots in the committee, avoiding the opportunity for the public to comment on the matter. In addition to flouting government transparency, these ballots are often put forward to gain approval for the use of taxpayer money to fund private attorneys to take action on partisan political issues.
“We need to end the silliness and focus on Wisconsin issues. Republicans must stop propping up a sore loser’s fantasies, and get down to the business of governing. Wisconsin taxpayers will be the real losers—stuck with the bill for an absurd Republican private investigation.”
NOTE: This press release was submitted to Urban Milwaukee and was not written by an Urban Milwaukee writer. It has not been verified for its accuracy or completeness.
- Senator Agard Statement on Senator Knodl’s Continued Relitigation of the 2020 Presidential Election - State Sen. Melissa Agard, Senate Democratic Leader - Aug 29th, 2023
- Report Calls For Criminally Charging State’s Fake Electors - Henry Redman - Dec 19th, 2022
- Vos Withdraws Subpoenas, Ends Gableman Probe - Henry Redman - Aug 30th, 2022
- Judge Blasts Gableman Probe, Deleted Records - Henry Redman - Aug 17th, 2022
- Vos Fires Gableman, Ends Election Probe - Shawn Johnson - Aug 14th, 2022
- Judge Orders Gableman To Pay $163,000 In Legal Fees - Rich Kremer - Aug 2nd, 2022
- Prosecute 2020 Fake Electors, Advocates Demand - Erik Gunn - Aug 1st, 2022
- Trump Calls For Nullification of Wisconsin’s 2020 Election - Henry Redman - Jul 12th, 2022
- Legal Fight Over Gableman Probe Keeps Growing - Shawn Johnson - Jun 30th, 2022
- Back In the News: Fake Elector Scheme Dogs Ron Johnson - Bruce Murphy - Jun 28th, 2022
Read more about 2020 General Election here