Grafton Police Arrest Pharmacist for Intentionally Destroying Multiple Vials of the COVID-19 Vaccinations at Advocate Aurora Health Hospital in Grafton
Grafton, WI (December 31, 2020) — A former employee of the Advocate Aurora Health Hospital in Grafton has been arrested this afternoon or tampering with and causing the destruction of 57 vials containing 570 does of the novel Coronavirus vaccine.
Grafton Police were called to the Advocate Aurora Health Hospital in Grafton on Wednesday, December 30, dodo, on a report that a former employee of the pharmacy had intentionally removed the vaccines from the refrigerated storage and left them to sit out overnight, rendering about 570 doses of the vaccine “useless” according to health professionals. Grafton Police immediately began investigating to determine a motive and what, if any, criminal charges could be filed.
Grafton Police Detectives noted that 57 doses of the vaccine were distributed to patients, but according to health officials at Aurora, they indicated there is no health concerns related to spoiled doses. The doses are effectively “useless.” The value of the spoiled doses was estimated to be between $8,000 and $11,000. Grafton detectives indicate that the individual knew the spoiled vaccinations would be useless and that people who received the vaccinations would think they had been vaccinated against the virus when in fact they were not.
Grafton Police arrested the former Aurora Health employee on recommended charges of First Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety (Class F felony), Adulterating a Prescription Drug (Class H felony), and Criminal Damage to Property (Class I felony). He is currently being held in the Ozaukee County jail. The name of the suspect is being withheld at this time pending his formal advisement of charges.
- WI Daily: 178 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 8th, 2021
- Legislators Want Say Over Pandemic Funds - Melanie Conklin - Mar 8th, 2021
- City Will Conduct Mental Health Survey - Corri Hess - Mar 8th, 2021
- WI Daily: 329 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 206 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 6th, 2021
- Surprising No One, Senator Johnson Votes Against Relief for Wisconsin Workers and Families - Opportunity Wisconsin - Mar 6th, 2021
- U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Votes to Pass the American Rescue Plan and Support Wisconsin - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Mar 6th, 2021
- WI Daily: 350 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 5th, 2021
- DHS and Laboratory Partners Identify Variant Strain B.1.351 of SARS-CoV-2 in Wisconsin - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Mar 5th, 2021
- Many South Side Seniors Now Eligible for Vaccination at Kosciuszko Community Center - Sup. Sylvia Ortiz-Velez - Mar 5th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here