Gov. Evers Announces Appointments to the Wisconsin Women’s Council
The Council’s mission is to identify barriers to women’s social and economic participation in the state and work with public and private-sector partners to develop initiatives and identify solutions and to disseminate information on the status of women and issues of concern to women in the state.
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers today announced seven appointments to the Wisconsin Women’s Council. The Council’s mission is to identify barriers to women’s social and economic participation in the state and work with public and private-sector partners to develop initiatives and identify solutions and to disseminate information on the status of women and issues of concern to women in the state.
The seven appointments to the Women’s Council include:
- Ze Yang (Madison, Wisconsin), Governor’s Designee, is a bilingual educational assistant with the Verona Area School District, who is currently attending graduate school to earn an elementary teaching license. For over a decade, she has worked to serve underprivileged and underrepresented children and families in the Hmong community, where she often finds herself serving as a gatekeeper, mentor, advisor, cultural bridge, and community leader.
- Patty Cadorin (Milwaukee, Wisconsin), Board Chair, is Vice President and Senior Advisor of BMO Harris Bank. Cadorin previously served on the Women’s Council and chairs the Council’s Trailblazer Awards for Women’s in Business. She serves on the board of directors of the United Community Center; Building Brave; the Milwaukee Urban League; and is a member of the United Way Women’s Leadership Council. Among her numerous awards and recognitions, in 2016, she was awarded the Ally Award from the Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee.
- Dr. Lisa Armaganian (Brookfield, Wisconsin) is a leading cardiologist with Ascension Medical Group, whose primary expertise includes cardiac diagnostic imaging, disease management, and preventive cardiology. She is passionate about advocating for women and children statewide, and, in particular, for further education in cardiovascular disease prevention.
- Denise Gaumer Hutchison (Green Bay, Wisconsin) is a Communication and Event Production Consultant. Previously, she worked for WEAC (Wisconsin Education Association Council) as an outreach coordinator and WEA Trust as a Field Representative where she worked with over 100 school districts in northeast Wisconsin. Ms. Gaumer Hutchison serves on the board of the League of Women Voters of Greater Green Bay.
- Alderwoman Chantia Lewis (Milwaukee, Wisconsin) was elected to the Milwaukee Common Council in 2016, representing her neighbors in the city’s the 9th District. Alderwoman Lewis served in the United States Air Force and currently attending graduate school to earn a master’s degree in theology.
- Dr. Rosalyn McFarland (Brown Deer, Wisconsin) is a Board-Certified Family Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nurse, and the CEO and Founder of MyNP Professionals Family Medical Clinic, providing primary care to patients across the lifespan.
- Nerissa Nelson (Stevens Point, Wisconsin) is a Librarian and Professor at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point and has been a professional librarian for over 20 years. Ms. Nelson is active shared governance and other service work on the UWSP campus, and in the arts including serving on the boards of area non-profit arts organizations.
More information about the Women’s Council is available at https://womenscouncil.wi.gov.
Office of the Governor