Free Virtual Concert Series Hosted by Outpost Natural Foods Thursday – Sunday
To celebrate its 50th birthday, Outpost Natural Foods is hosting a free virtual concert series Thursday, April 23 through Sunday April 26. All concerts will be live at Outpost’s Facebook page starting at 7 p.m. except Sunday’s will be pre-recorded and available at 2 p.m.
A way to celebrate the co-ops birthday and express gratitude to its shoppers, Outpost also wanted to support local musicians unable to perform in person during current Safer-at-Home orders. Co-hosted with 88Nine Radio Milwaukee and Wisconsin Music Ventures, who lined up the talent, each day’s concert features different musicians.
Thursday’s concert is with Janet Schiff, a cellist and composer from NINETEEN THIRTEEN, a Milwaukee based chamber rock duo. She will be performing solo but solo to Janet means something like 20 cellos at one time with the help of electronic technology creating rich layers of sound for each audience.
Friday armed with rock ‘n’ roll zeal and rhythmic guitars, Justin Jagler delivers soulful roots music across America’s heartland and beyond. His relentless songwriting and nimble voice pay homage to folk traditions and explore the lives of 21st-century characters.
Saturday’s concert features Keith Pulvermacher. He likes to say his music isn’t country, it isn’t blues, It isn’t folk, It isn’t rock. It’s distinctly “Midwestern” music inspired by Wisconsin.
Sunday’s pre-recorded concert is with the 414 Quartet, which includes Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra violinists Alex Ayers and Paul Hauer, violist Alejandro Duque, and cellist Peter Thomas. The quartet strives to raise awareness of classical music through performance, education, and community outreach. Whether an avid classical music lover or a first-time listener, the accessible and innovative 414 Quartet is an experience not to miss.
More about the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Milwaukee Health Department Announces Upcoming Changes to COVID-19 Services - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Mar 17th, 2023
- Fitzgerald Applauds Passage of COVID-19 Origin Act - U.S. Rep Scott Fitzgerald - Mar 10th, 2023
- DHS Expands Free COVID-19 Testing Program - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Feb 10th, 2023
- MKE County: COVID-19 Hospitalizations Rising - Graham Kilmer - Jan 16th, 2023
- Not Enough Getting Bivalent Booster Shots, State Health Officials Warn - Gaby Vinick - Dec 26th, 2022
- Nearly All Wisconsinites Age 6 Months and Older Now Eligible for Updated COVID-19 Vaccine - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Dec 15th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Bi-Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Dec 9th, 2022
- MKE County: COVID-19 Disease Burden Remains Stable - Graham Kilmer - Nov 25th, 2022
- MKE County: Wastewater Data Shows COVID-19 Uptick - Graham Kilmer - Nov 18th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Bi-Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Nov 11th, 2022
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Outpost Natural Foods
Outpost Natural Foods and Hunger Task Force Launch Produce to the People Discount Program for Wisconsin FoodShare ParticipantsMay 20th, 2022 by Outpost Natural Foods
First of its kind Program in Southern Wisconsin Provides 50% Discount on Fresh Produce