Free Virtual Concert Series Hosted by Outpost Natural Foods Thursday – Sunday
To celebrate its 50th birthday, Outpost Natural Foods is hosting a free virtual concert series Thursday, April 23 through Sunday April 26. All concerts will be live at Outpost’s Facebook page starting at 7 p.m. except Sunday’s will be pre-recorded and available at 2 p.m.
A way to celebrate the co-ops birthday and express gratitude to its shoppers, Outpost also wanted to support local musicians unable to perform in person during current Safer-at-Home orders. Co-hosted with 88Nine Radio Milwaukee and Wisconsin Music Ventures, who lined up the talent, each day’s concert features different musicians.
Thursday’s concert is with Janet Schiff, a cellist and composer from NINETEEN THIRTEEN, a Milwaukee based chamber rock duo. She will be performing solo but solo to Janet means something like 20 cellos at one time with the help of electronic technology creating rich layers of sound for each audience.
Friday armed with rock ‘n’ roll zeal and rhythmic guitars, Justin Jagler delivers soulful roots music across America’s heartland and beyond. His relentless songwriting and nimble voice pay homage to folk traditions and explore the lives of 21st-century characters.
Saturday’s concert features Keith Pulvermacher. He likes to say his music isn’t country, it isn’t blues, It isn’t folk, It isn’t rock. It’s distinctly “Midwestern” music inspired by Wisconsin.
Sunday’s pre-recorded concert is with the 414 Quartet, which includes Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra violinists Alex Ayers and Paul Hauer, violist Alejandro Duque, and cellist Peter Thomas. The quartet strives to raise awareness of classical music through performance, education, and community outreach. Whether an avid classical music lover or a first-time listener, the accessible and innovative 414 Quartet is an experience not to miss.
- WI Daily: Record 1,172 People Actively Hospitalized With COVID-19 As DHS Restores Dashboard - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 19th, 2020
- Judge Restores Restaurant, Bar Restrictions - Shawn Johnson - Oct 19th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement on Denial of Temporary Injunction Request for State’s Public Gathering Limits - Gov. Tony Evers - Oct 19th, 2020
- Op Ed: Demand a Joint Vos and Evers Virus Plan - John Torinus - Oct 18th, 2020
- Health Departments Plan For Mass Vaccine Distribution - Rich Kremer - Oct 18th, 2020
- WI Daily: No COVID-19 Data Release This Weekend - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 17th, 2020
- Waukesha County Exec Has COVID-19 - Erik Gunn - Oct 17th, 2020
- Religious Leaders Want Stricter COVID-19 Measures - Erik Gunn - Oct 17th, 2020
- Mask Mandate Targeted by Another Conservative Lawsuit - Shawn Johnson - Oct 16th, 2020
- Friday Photos: The Architecture of a Pandemic - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 16th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Outpost Natural Foods
Work is scheduled to begin in June 2019 and will be phased in so as not to impact or impede shopping.