Donald Trump’s Administration Laughs in the Face of Struggling Farmers
Exports continue to fall, forcing farms to close their doors, manufacturers to lay off workers, and small businesses to stop expanding.
(MADISON, WI) — Farmers in Wisconsin and across the country are getting crushed by President Trump’s trade war with China. Exports continue to fall, forcing farms to close their doors, manufacturers to lay off workers, and small businesses to stop expanding.
But apparently it’s all just one big joke to Donald Trump and his administration.
Shot: “Tariffs are making an already terrible situation so much worse for farmers and our business owners in the dairy industry.” — Anna Landmark, co-owner and cheesemaker at Wisconsin’s Landmark Creamery, at a press conference highlighting the negative impacts of Trump’s trade war on her industry.
Chaser: “What do you call two farmers in a basement? A whine cellar.” — Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue at a FarmFest listening session in Minnesota.
“Somehow Donald Trump and his administration’s tax and trade policies are still worse than the asinine jokes they make about our struggling farmers, which shows how little they actually care about the very real and tangible pain being felt by so many in our state and across this country. Instead of wasting our time trying to think up the latest laugh, they should start listening to the farmers, manufacturers, and small business owners who are being crushed by their policies and chaotic trade war with China.”
- Murphy’s Law: Trump Tariffs Slam Wisconsin Economy - Bruce Murphy - Jun 29th, 2020
- Baldwin Calling on Trump Administration to Take Action and Support Wisconsin Hardwood Businesses Hurt by Trade War - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Feb 25th, 2020
- Trade War Wounds May Heal Soon - Erik Gunn - Feb 21st, 2020
- How China Trade Agreement Impacts Wisconsin Farmers - Miranda Suarez - Jan 16th, 2020
- Trump Tariffs Have Cost State $800 Million - Miranda Suarez - Dec 10th, 2019
- U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Seeks Investigation into Possible Market Manipulation Regarding Market Bets Timed to Trump’s Comments on Trade War & Other Geopolitical Events - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Oct 21st, 2019
- Port Milwaukee Shipping Up in 2019 - Danielle Kaeding - Oct 21st, 2019
- Stuck to Gallagher: Does Your Party Care About Small Business? - State Rep. Amanda Stuck - Oct 10th, 2019
- Evers Blasts Trump “Tweet” Trade Wars - Erik Gunn - Sep 16th, 2019
- Donald Trump’s Administration Laughs in the Face of Struggling Farmers - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Aug 13th, 2019
Read more about Trump Tariffs here