Donald Trump’s Administration Laughs in the Face of Struggling Farmers
Exports continue to fall, forcing farms to close their doors, manufacturers to lay off workers, and small businesses to stop expanding.
(MADISON, WI) — Farmers in Wisconsin and across the country are getting crushed by President Trump’s trade war with China. Exports continue to fall, forcing farms to close their doors, manufacturers to lay off workers, and small businesses to stop expanding.
But apparently it’s all just one big joke to Donald Trump and his administration.
Shot: “Tariffs are making an already terrible situation so much worse for farmers and our business owners in the dairy industry.” — Anna Landmark, co-owner and cheesemaker at Wisconsin’s Landmark Creamery, at a press conference highlighting the negative impacts of Trump’s trade war on her industry.
Chaser: “What do you call two farmers in a basement? A whine cellar.” — Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue at a FarmFest listening session in Minnesota.
“Somehow Donald Trump and his administration’s tax and trade policies are still worse than the asinine jokes they make about our struggling farmers, which shows how little they actually care about the very real and tangible pain being felt by so many in our state and across this country. Instead of wasting our time trying to think up the latest laugh, they should start listening to the farmers, manufacturers, and small business owners who are being crushed by their policies and chaotic trade war with China.”
More about the Trump Tariffs
- Stuck to Gallagher: Does Your Party Care About Small Business? - State Rep. Amanda Stuck - Oct 10th, 2019
- Evers Blasts Trump “Tweet” Trade Wars - Erik Gunn - Sep 16th, 2019
- Donald Trump’s Administration Laughs in the Face of Struggling Farmers - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Aug 13th, 2019
- Gov. Evers Calls on President Trump to Listen to Farmers, End Unproductive Trade Wars - Gov. Tony Evers - Aug 12th, 2019
- Harley 2nd Quarter Earnings Down 19% - Brady Carlson - Jul 24th, 2019
- State’s Exports Down in 2019 - Hope Kirwan - Jul 23rd, 2019
- Data Wonk: Democrats Now The Free Trade Party? - Bruce Thompson - Jun 26th, 2019
- Murphy’s Law: Trump Tariffs Killing Wisconsin - Bruce Murphy - Jun 4th, 2019
- Data Wonk: How Walker, Trump Hurt Dairy Industry - Bruce Thompson - Mar 13th, 2019
- Ron Johnson Calls for Ending Tariffs - Hope Kirwan - Feb 8th, 2019
- Harley-Davidson Earnings Down - Patty Murray - Jan 31st, 2019
- Tariffs Affecting Great Lakes Ports - Danielle Kaeding - Jan 5th, 2019
- Trump Tariffs Hurt Milwaukee Port - Danielle Kaeding - Sep 4th, 2018
- Harley Riders Oppose Boycott of Company - Laurel White - Sep 3rd, 2018
- Answer the Question, Scott Walker - One Wisconsin Now - Aug 13th, 2018
- Trump’s Aid to Farms Gets Mixed Reviews - Rich Kremer - Jul 26th, 2018
- Voters Unhappy About Tariffs, State Roads - Chuck Quirmbach - Jul 19th, 2018
- Businesses Complain About Trump Tariffs to Johnson - Chuck Quirmbach - Jul 17th, 2018
- Canada’s Tariffs Target Wisconsin - Scott Gordon - Jul 16th, 2018
- Data Wonk: How Trump Threatens State’s Exports - Bruce Thompson - Jul 5th, 2018
- Walker Avoids Harley Issue at Parades - Chuck Quirmbach - Jul 5th, 2018
- Campaign Cash: Harley Gave Generously to Republicans - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Jun 26th, 2018
- Harley-Davidson Job Losses: Walker Owns This - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Jun 26th, 2018
- Scott Walker Flies While Harley Davidson Flees - One Wisconsin Now - Jun 26th, 2018
- Op Ed: Trump Dead Wrong on Canadian Trade - John Torinus - Jun 21st, 2018
- Op Ed: Trump’s Tariffs Hurt Wisconsin Economy - John Torinus - Jun 11th, 2018
- Trump Tariffs Threaten State’s Exports - Steven Deller, Tessa Conroy and Matthew Kures - May 13th, 2018
- Op Ed: Trump Tariffs Will Harm Trump Country - John Torinus - Mar 14th, 2018
- Statement Regarding Governor Walker’s Phone Call with U.S. Department of Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross - Gov. Scott Walker - Mar 9th, 2018
- Op Ed: Ryan Finally Stands Up to Trump - Gregory Humphrey - Mar 8th, 2018
- Governor Walker Visits Wisconsin Employers in Oshkosh, Janesville that Have Expressed Concern with President Trump’s Proposed Tariffs on Steel and Aluminum - Gov. Scott Walker - Mar 6th, 2018
- Governor Walker Releases Statement on the Trump Administration’s Proposed Steel and Aluminum Tariffs - Gov. Scott Walker - Mar 2nd, 2018
- Norquist: Trump Tariffs Will Hurt State Workers - John Norquist - Feb 2nd, 2017
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Democratic Party of Wisconsin
Congresswoman Gwen Moore Hosts Round Table with Constituents, Community Advocates, About High Prescription Drug CostsOct 9th, 2019 by Democratic Party of Wisconsin
“The first thing on our agenda when we return from this October recess is to pass the prescription drug bill that I’ve described.”
Whether it’s in rural, suburban, or the urban areas of Wisconsin, hard working Wisconsinites do not feel like they are benefitting from the tax scam bill.
"The GOP promised that these taxes [tax breaks] would help the average working American. It is not true, particularly in the building trade."