DNR Asking For Public Input On Wisconsin PFAS Action Plan
The public may offer input through the submission of written comments by Oct. 31, and by attending either of the two virtual listening sessions on Oct. 6 and Oct. 21 from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. Drafts of the proposed actions items are available on the DNR’s website.
The PFAS Action Plan was requested by Governor Evers in Executive Order #40, directing state agencies to address concerns over per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances, or PFAS, in Wisconsin. WisPAC would like to offer the public an opportunity to provide additional input, comment or ask questions regarding the contents of the action plan prior to delivering it to the Governor, other policy makers and the public.
With input from a public survey conducted in February and local government and citizen advisory groups meeting in the spring, the PFAS Action Plan was developed by WisPAC’s state agency members to leverage resources, personnel and expertise from across a multitude of state agencies and other entities toward addressing environmental and public health concerns that are or may be posed by PFAS in Wisconsin. To learn more about WisPAC and the development of the PFAS Action Plan, visit the WisPAC webpage.
The action plan is anticipated to be finalized and submitted to Governor Evers in late 2020. This plan is part of the important work that began last year as part of the Governor’s Year of Clean Drinking Water.
WisPAC understands that environmental contamination by PFAS has a direct impact on Wisconsin communities. The council has ensured that all meetings are open to the public and that Wisconsin residents have been given opportunities to participate and provide input toward building a PFAS Action Plan that reflects their needs and concerns throughout the process. In keeping with this precedent, WisPAC is seeking public comment on the plan, before it is submitted to the Governor.
The public can provide input and ask questions at the listening sessions on Oct. 6 and Oct. 21. Written comments may be submitted through an online form or by e-mailing DNRPFASInquiries@wisconsin.gov. Even if you provide verbal comments at the listening session, it is important to provide written comments as well.
WisPAC asks that any written comments on the action plan be submitted on or before October 31, 2020. Questions should be submitted to DNRPFASInquiries@wisconsin.gov.
- DNR Asking For Public Input On Wisconsin PFAS Action Plan - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Oct 5th, 2020
- DNR To Fund Sampling Of Hundreds Of Potable Wells For PFAS In The Town Of Peshtigo - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Sep 30th, 2020
- 13% of Wells Near JCI Site Have Elevated PFAS Levels - Danielle Kaeding - Sep 27th, 2020
- DNR Notified Of Possible Separate Contamination Issue At Marinette Facility That Has Paused PFAS Treatment - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Sep 18th, 2020
- 99% of State Public Water Meets Standards - Danielle Kaeding - Sep 16th, 2020
- DNR To Host Online Listening Sessions Sept. 16 Regarding PFAS Deer Tissue Sampling And Other Investigation Activities In Marinette, Peshtigo And Surrounding Communities - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Sep 15th, 2020
- DNR Publishes Annual Report Card On Efforts To Protect Wisconsin’s Drinking Water Supplies - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Sep 14th, 2020
- 2/3rds of State’s Fire Departments Stock Foam With PFAS - Danielle Kaeding - Sep 11th, 2020
- DNR Publishes Results Of Firefighting Department PFAS Survey - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Sep 10th, 2020
- Water Tech Challenge Targets PFAS - Graham Kilmer - Sep 1st, 2020
Read more about PFAS Problem here
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
SDWLP Soliciting Public Comments