DNR Asking For Public Input On Wisconsin PFAS Action Plan
The public may offer input through the submission of written comments by Oct. 31, and by attending either of the two virtual listening sessions on Oct. 6 and Oct. 21 from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. Drafts of the proposed actions items are available on the DNR’s website.
The PFAS Action Plan was requested by Governor Evers in Executive Order #40, directing state agencies to address concerns over per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances, or PFAS, in Wisconsin. WisPAC would like to offer the public an opportunity to provide additional input, comment or ask questions regarding the contents of the action plan prior to delivering it to the Governor, other policy makers and the public.
With input from a public survey conducted in February and local government and citizen advisory groups meeting in the spring, the PFAS Action Plan was developed by WisPAC’s state agency members to leverage resources, personnel and expertise from across a multitude of state agencies and other entities toward addressing environmental and public health concerns that are or may be posed by PFAS in Wisconsin. To learn more about WisPAC and the development of the PFAS Action Plan, visit the WisPAC webpage.
The action plan is anticipated to be finalized and submitted to Governor Evers in late 2020. This plan is part of the important work that began last year as part of the Governor’s Year of Clean Drinking Water.
WisPAC understands that environmental contamination by PFAS has a direct impact on Wisconsin communities. The council has ensured that all meetings are open to the public and that Wisconsin residents have been given opportunities to participate and provide input toward building a PFAS Action Plan that reflects their needs and concerns throughout the process. In keeping with this precedent, WisPAC is seeking public comment on the plan, before it is submitted to the Governor.
The public can provide input and ask questions at the listening sessions on Oct. 6 and Oct. 21. Written comments may be submitted through an online form or by e-mailing DNRPFASInquiries@wisconsin.gov. Even if you provide verbal comments at the listening session, it is important to provide written comments as well.
WisPAC asks that any written comments on the action plan be submitted on or before October 31, 2020. Questions should be submitted to DNRPFASInquiries@wisconsin.gov.
- AG Kaul Leads 19 AGs in Urging EPA to Require Public Water Systems to Monitor for Additional PFAS - Josh Kaul - May 10th, 2021
- Peshtigo Residents Faced “Massive” PFAS Contamination - John McCracken - May 7th, 2021
- Evers, Democrats Push PFAS Contamination Bill - Hope Kirwan - Apr 22nd, 2021
- Gov. Evers, State Legislators Announce Legislation to Address Statewide PFAS Contamination - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 21st, 2021
- State Officials Push Action on PFAS - Shamane Mills - Apr 20th, 2021
- PFAS In Wisconsin Webinar 2 p.m. April 19 - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Apr 16th, 2021
- New Fish Consumption Advisory For Silver Creek - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Apr 15th, 2021
- DNR Extends Deadline For Town Of Peshtigo Residents To Receive Free PFAS Sampling Of Private Drinking Water Wells - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Apr 9th, 2021
- Business Lobby Sues DNR Over PFAS Testing - Danielle Kaeding - Apr 1st, 2021
- French Island Wells Show PFAS Pollution - Isiah Holmes - Mar 30th, 2021
Read more about PFAS Problem here