Democratic Party of Wisconsin Responds to Vos, Fitzgerald Calls to Resume Big Ten Football Season Amidst Pandemic
(WISCONSIN) — Today, Speaker Robin Vos and Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald signed a letter calling on the Big Ten Commissioner to reconsider his previous decision to keep students and athletes safe and postpone the season. The Big 10 made the decision because Donald Trump, Fitzgerald, and Vos failed to take meaningful steps to contain COVID-19 and ensure student athletes could compete safely. This is costing local Wisconsin businesses millions of dollars in combined revenue as well as squandering the experience of current and new students.
“We don’t get to watch our beloved Badgers take on and beat the tar out of the Minnesota Gophers right now because Donald Trump and his Republican enablers in the state legislature failed to respond to the coronavirus pandemic,” Democratic Party of Wisconsin spokesperson Tommy Kubitschek said, “This is costing Wisconsin’s small businesses tens of millions of dollars. While they didn’t cause the coronavirus, their failure to come up with a plan to address the spread has caused immense pain for the people of Wisconsin. It didn’t have to be this bad.”
“Vos and Fitzgerald are actively carrying out Trump’s failed and negligent coronavirus response here in the Badger state, and Wisconsinites are suffering as a result. It is clear that they are not interested in showing any real leadership or taking action to help hardworking Wisconsin families. We cannot wait to win up and down the ballot this November, because Wisconsin’s health and economy depend on it,” Kubitschek concluded.
- Marquette University announces in-person plans for fall 2021 semester - Marquette University - Mar 1st, 2021
- Back in the News: Uline Workers Suffer Higher COVID-19 Rates - Bruce Murphy - Mar 1st, 2021
- WI Daily: 464 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 28th, 2021
- WI Daily: 689 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 27th, 2021
- HDA Statement on FDA Authorization of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine - Healthcare Distribution Alliance - Feb 27th, 2021
- Gallagher Statement on Pelosi’s Payout - U.S. Rep Mike Gallagher - Feb 27th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Declining to Summer Levels - Graham Kilmer - Feb 26th, 2021
- State Launches Vaccine Provider Map - Graham Kilmer - Feb 26th, 2021
- WI Daily: 656 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 26th, 2021
- Supervisor Martin Calls on State Officials to Prioritize District 7 in Vaccination Effort - Sup. Felesia Martin - Feb 26th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here