Construction to Begin in April on Wisconn Valley Way
Medford-based James Peterson and Sons awarded $16.9 million contract
OUNT PLEASANT, Wis. – Today, Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT), Racine County and Village of Mount Pleasant officials announced that the Wisconn Valley Way road construction project will begin the week of April 15, weather permitting.
The project is a continuation of the partnership between the local governments and WisDOT to develop a transportation network that will support various developments, including Foxconn Technology Group’s Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park, taking place near I-94 in Racine County. Wisconn Valley Way will be an important north-south link east of I-94.
Officials have also announced that Medford-based contractor James Peterson and Sons was awarded a $16.9 million contract to conduct the work. The new road will be open to traffic by the end of 2019, with various work finishing in 2020.
“I look forward to the construction of Wisconn Valley Way,” said President David DeGroot, Village of Mount Pleasant. “These are critical infrastructure investments that will enhance future development and economic activity in our Village and County.”
The project will include constructing a four-lane urban arterial roadway with a raised median and will incorporate a new signal at Braun Road to help control traffic flow. The roadway will include additional space for a future shared-use path to be constructed at a later date. Detention ponds, storm sewers and curb and gutters will be developed according to Wisconsin DNR standards to address drainage.
“Construction of Wisconn Valley Way represents the next step forward in improving local infrastructure to support economic development, innovation, and employment opportunities in Racine County,” said Racine County Executive Jonathan Delagrave. “In addition to continuing our momentum, this project keeps with the Wisconsin First commitment and will provide more family-sustaining jobs for Racine County and Wisconsin workers.”
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here