Construction to Begin in April on Wisconn Valley Way
Medford-based James Peterson and Sons awarded $16.9 million contract
OUNT PLEASANT, Wis. – Today, Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT), Racine County and Village of Mount Pleasant officials announced that the Wisconn Valley Way road construction project will begin the week of April 15, weather permitting.
The project is a continuation of the partnership between the local governments and WisDOT to develop a transportation network that will support various developments, including Foxconn Technology Group’s Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park, taking place near I-94 in Racine County. Wisconn Valley Way will be an important north-south link east of I-94.
Officials have also announced that Medford-based contractor James Peterson and Sons was awarded a $16.9 million contract to conduct the work. The new road will be open to traffic by the end of 2019, with various work finishing in 2020.
“I look forward to the construction of Wisconn Valley Way,” said President David DeGroot, Village of Mount Pleasant. “These are critical infrastructure investments that will enhance future development and economic activity in our Village and County.”
The project will include constructing a four-lane urban arterial roadway with a raised median and will incorporate a new signal at Braun Road to help control traffic flow. The roadway will include additional space for a future shared-use path to be constructed at a later date. Detention ponds, storm sewers and curb and gutters will be developed according to Wisconsin DNR standards to address drainage.
“Construction of Wisconn Valley Way represents the next step forward in improving local infrastructure to support economic development, innovation, and employment opportunities in Racine County,” said Racine County Executive Jonathan Delagrave. “In addition to continuing our momentum, this project keeps with the Wisconsin First commitment and will provide more family-sustaining jobs for Racine County and Wisconsin workers.”
- Op Ed: EPA Overrules Pruitt-Walker Smog Increases - James Rowen - Jun 7th, 2021
- Village Paid Foxconn Project Manager Nearly $1 Million - Corri Hess - May 28th, 2021
- Op Ed: Foxconn Shows Folly of Cheesehead Revolution - Dan Shafer - May 12th, 2021
- Foxconn Deal Doesn’t Reduce Local Government Risk - Corri Hess - May 3rd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The True Costs of New Foxconn Deal - Bruce Murphy - Apr 28th, 2021
- The State of Politics: All Sides Won On New Foxconn Deal - Steven Walters - Apr 26th, 2021
- New Foxconn Deal Cuts Incentives By $2.77 Billion - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 20th, 2021
- Rep Hintz: Statement on Approval of Revised Foxconn Contract - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Apr 20th, 2021
- New Foxconn and WEDC Agreement Provides Flexibility and Clarity for Renewed Tech Investments in Science and Technology Park - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Announces Renegotiated Foxconn Contract to Save Taxpayers $2.77 Billion - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 20th, 2021
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Lane closures will impact northbound and southbound traffic
Reservations open for Milwaukee-Chicago trains and Green Bay, Fox Cities buses