Committee to discuss file related to $150 million allocation of ARPA funding for affordable housing
The Zoning, Neighborhoods and Development Committee at its next meeting on Tuesday, June 29 (TOMORROW) at 9 a.m. will discuss file #210341 – a resolution relating to the allocation of $150 million of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) grant funds to support affordable housing. The file was introduced by Alderman Robert J. Bauman and is co-sponsored by Alderman Khalif Rainey.
The file would allocate $105 million to the Department of City Development (DCD) to rehabilitate approximately 700 City-owned 1- and 2- family in rem properties, at an average cost of $150,000 apiece, for a total of about 1,000 housing units. Additionally, $35 million in ARPA funds would be allocated to the Housing Trust Fund; $9 million in ARPA funds would be allocated to DCD to increase capacity within DCD’s affordable housing programs; and $1 million would be allocated to the Department of Neighborhood Services to increase capacity in the Compliance Loan program.
Tuesday’s committee meeting will be televised live on the City Channel (channel 25 on Spectrum Cable and channel 99 on AT&T U-Verse in the City of Milwaukee) and via streaming video on the city website at city.milwaukee.gov/Channel25.
- Transportation: Construction Underway on Traffic Calming Projects - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 12th, 2022
- Eyes on Milwaukee: City Seeking Affordable Housing Developers Who Need Funding - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 25th, 2022
- Transportation: Milwaukee Seeks Partners On Project Lowering Speed Limits - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 1st, 2022
- City Hall: ARPA Funds Can’t Plug City Budget Hole - Jeramey Jannene - Jun 15th, 2022
- Plats and Parcels: City Seeks Firms To Transform Vacant Homes - Jeramey Jannene - May 1st, 2022
- Transportation: DPW Plans Surge of Traffic-Calming Bump Outs - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 26th, 2022
- City Hall: Federal Grant Could Help Stave Off 1,300 Layoffs - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 14th, 2022
- Transportation: DPW Unveils 16 Traffic Calming Projects - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 2nd, 2021
- City Hall: Committee Recommends Few Budget Amendments - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 28th, 2021
- City Hall: Council Adopts $179 Million Rescue Plan Package - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 21st, 2021
Read more about American Rescue Plan Act here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Bob Bauman
Statement of Alderman Robert J. Bauman October 13, 2022