Cole Family Set to Deliver Complaints to Wauwatosa City Hall and the Police Department
Two Separate Marches Beginning at Each Location Will Join Forces at Mayfair Mall
On behalf of the Cole family, the Milwaukee Alliance Against Racist & Political Repression (MAARPR) has prepared this statement for the media.
Milwaukee, WI – At 2 PM on Thursday, June 18, the Milwaukee Alliance, together with the family of Alvin Cole and the Milwaukee Community Task Force, will be leading rallies outside both the Wauwatosa city hall and the Wauwatosa Police Department. At each location, a formal complaint against both WPD Chief Barry Weber and Officer Joseph Anthony Mensah, the serial killing cop who murdered Alvin earlier this year, and also Jay Anderson, Jr., in June 2016, and Antonio Gonzales in July 2015.
The Cole family is demanding that the full video footage be released from the night Alvin was murdered, that Chief Weber and Officer Mensah are both fired, and that Mensah be indicted and convicted by Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm on three counts of murder.
After delivering the complaint and chalking the areas outside both locations, the two contingents will make their way to the parking lot outside the Cheesecake Factory at Mayfair Mall, where Alvin was gunned down by Mensah. The Milwaukee Alliance will lead a contingent from Wauwatosa city hall while the Community Task Force will lead one from the Wauwatosa Police Department. The contingents are expected to meet at the end point sometime between 3:30 and 4 PM.
At that time, members of the Cole family will be hosting a press conference to further highlight their purpose and their demands.
- 300 Days of Black Lives Matters Protests - Isiah Holmes - Mar 29th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: 8 Ways Police Mishandled Protests - Bruce Murphy - Mar 24th, 2021
- Milwaukee Police Helped Patrol Tosa Protests? - Isiah Holmes - Mar 17th, 2021
- Evers Reflects on Year of Pandemic, Protests - Shawn Johnson - Dec 28th, 2020
- The Year of the National Guard - Jenny Peek - Dec 28th, 2020
- Baldwin Questions U.S. Marshall’s Role in Tosa Protests - Isiah Holmes - Dec 19th, 2020
- Op Ed: Vote No on COPS Grant - Markasa Tucker - Dec 18th, 2020
- People’s Revolution Marks 200 Days of Protest - Graham Kilmer - Dec 15th, 2020
- Supervisor Clancy Applauds Activists on 200th Day of Protests - Sup. Ryan Clancy - Dec 14th, 2020
- The “Molotov Cocktail” That Wasn’t - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 23rd, 2020
Read more about 2020 Racial Justice Protests here
- DA Explains Timing of Alvin Cole Decision - Isiah Holmes - Apr 15th, 2021
- Did DA Delay Mensah Decision Due To Kenosha Unrest? - Isiah Holmes - Apr 8th, 2021
- Tosa Police Chief Will Testify in New Mensah Case - Corri Hess - Mar 25th, 2021
- Was Jay Anderson’s Killing Properly Investigated? - Isiah Holmes - Mar 10th, 2021
- 50 Plaintiffs Sue Wauwatosa - Hannah Haynes - Mar 7th, 2021
- ACLU Calls for National Search for Tosa Police Chief - Isiah Holmes - Feb 23rd, 2021
- Waukesha Faith Group Questions Mensah Hiring - Isiah Holmes - Feb 18th, 2021
- Rep. Bowen Statement on One-Year Anniversary of the Killing of Alvin Cole - State Rep. David Bowen - Feb 2nd, 2021
- About Those Phones Taken By Tosa Police - Isiah Holmes - Feb 1st, 2021
- ACLU Blasts Waukesha Sheriff on Mensah Hiring - Isiah Holmes - Jan 27th, 2021
Read more about Case of Officer Joseph Mensah here