Building Commission Approves Projects
"The projects that the State Building Commission approved today will maintain and strengthen the delivery of important services and resources to the public."
- Structured cabling upgrades and other renovations and improvements to buildings at the Southern Wisconsin Center.
- Various remodeling and electrical system safety improvements at the Wisconsin Resource Center.
- Parking, site fencing and other repairs and remodeling at a variety of Department of Military Affairs locations.
- Authority to construct new indoor fish hatchery facilities at the Kettle Moraine Springs Fish Hatchery, expanding capacity meet the stocking needs for Lake Michigan fisheries.
- Addition to the Department of Natural Resources’ (DNR) existing Hayward fire control storage building in Sawyer County.
- Authority to expand electrical service to as many as 200 state park campsites to meet customer needs, and to perform other work at select sites.
- Authority to plan for the new UW-Platteville Sesquicentennial Hall project.
- Renovations to McMillan Hall restrooms at UW-River Falls.
- Other various maintenance and repair projects around the state.
“The projects that the State Building Commission approved today will maintain and strengthen the delivery of important services and resources to the public,” Governor Walker said. “I would like to thank the members of the Building Commission for their support in moving these important projects forward.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton (R—Chippewa Falls)
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski (R—Marathon)
- State Senator Janis Ringhand (D—Evansville)
- State Representative Rob Swearingen (R—Rhinelander)
- State Representative Terry Katsma (R—Oostberg)
- State Representative Jill Billings (D—La Crosse)
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Scott Walker ordered flags to half-staff on Saturday, April 14, 2018.
Governor Walker Orders Flags to Half-Staff as a Mark of Respect for Captain Christopher Truman of the Lake Mills Fire DepartmentJan 3rd, 2019 by Gov. Scott Walker
Captain Truman died on December 31, 2018, while selflessly assisting a driver of a crashed vehicle on Highway 12 near the Yahara River Bridge in Monona, Wisconsin.
Governor Scott Walker today appointed Attorney Scott J. Nordstrand to serve as a judge on the St. Croix County Circuit Court and Attorney David Meany to the position of Ashland County District Attorney.