Building Commission Approves Projects
"The funds approved by the commission will be instrumental in strengthening the facilities at 13 UW campuses."
- Releasing funds for the construction of Eau Claire Confluence Performing Arts Center;
- Design and construction of a Discovery Station at Old World Wisconsin;
- Several projects at University of Wisconsin facilities, such as the Music Performance Building project at UW-Madison, the Garfield Avenue Corridor Improvement project at UW-Eau Claire, the New Soccer Complex project at UW-Green Bay, and the Athletics Complex Buildings project at UW-Whitewater;
- Releasing funds for the construction of various Classroom Renovation and Instructional Technology Improvement programs statewide; and
- Various maintenance and repair projects around the state.
“Today, the Building Commission moved forward a number of important projects,” said Governor Walker. “The funds approved by the commission will be instrumental in strengthening the facilities at 13 UW campuses. I would like to thank the Building Commission members for taking action to improve facilities all across Wisconsin.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Scott Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Mark Born;
- State Representative Robb Kahl; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Walker Participates in Ribbon Cutting for DuraTech Industries’ $7.5 Million Expansion ProjectJun 20th, 2018 by Gov. Scott Walker
Expanded facility expected to create up to 125 new jobs
Company expects to create 37 jobs
Governor Walker Announces Plan to Name Future Milwaukee State Office Building After Vel Phillips, Civil Rights Pioneer & Former Wisconsin Secretary of StateJun 19th, 2018 by Gov. Scott Walker
The new building will replace the current Milwaukee State Office Building at 6th and Wells Street.