Building Commission Approves Projects
"The funds approved by the commission will be instrumental in strengthening the facilities at 13 UW campuses."
- Releasing funds for the construction of Eau Claire Confluence Performing Arts Center;
- Design and construction of a Discovery Station at Old World Wisconsin;
- Several projects at University of Wisconsin facilities, such as the Music Performance Building project at UW-Madison, the Garfield Avenue Corridor Improvement project at UW-Eau Claire, the New Soccer Complex project at UW-Green Bay, and the Athletics Complex Buildings project at UW-Whitewater;
- Releasing funds for the construction of various Classroom Renovation and Instructional Technology Improvement programs statewide; and
- Various maintenance and repair projects around the state.
“Today, the Building Commission moved forward a number of important projects,” said Governor Walker. “The funds approved by the commission will be instrumental in strengthening the facilities at 13 UW campuses. I would like to thank the Building Commission members for taking action to improve facilities all across Wisconsin.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Scott Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Mark Born;
- State Representative Robb Kahl; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Walker Calls on Legislature to Pass Bipartisan Reform for Wisconsin’s Juvenile Corrections System in 2018Jan 16th, 2018 by Gov. Scott Walker
"We’re dedicated to improving long-term outcomes for both juveniles and our staff working at these facilities."
"We are a stronger and more unified people thanks to Dr. King’s powerful, resonant example."
Student Success: Governor Walker Champions Sparsity Aid and Low Revenue Ceiling Increase for Rural SchoolsJan 8th, 2018 by Gov. Scott Walker
"Our top priority is driving student success and ensuring our children receive a quality education, regardless of where they live."