Building Commission Approves Projects
"The funds approved by the commission will be instrumental in strengthening the facilities at 13 UW campuses."
- Releasing funds for the construction of Eau Claire Confluence Performing Arts Center;
- Design and construction of a Discovery Station at Old World Wisconsin;
- Several projects at University of Wisconsin facilities, such as the Music Performance Building project at UW-Madison, the Garfield Avenue Corridor Improvement project at UW-Eau Claire, the New Soccer Complex project at UW-Green Bay, and the Athletics Complex Buildings project at UW-Whitewater;
- Releasing funds for the construction of various Classroom Renovation and Instructional Technology Improvement programs statewide; and
- Various maintenance and repair projects around the state.
“Today, the Building Commission moved forward a number of important projects,” said Governor Walker. “The funds approved by the commission will be instrumental in strengthening the facilities at 13 UW campuses. I would like to thank the Building Commission members for taking action to improve facilities all across Wisconsin.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Scott Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Mark Born;
- State Representative Robb Kahl; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Walker Highlights Eight Years of Reform at the 8th Annual Governor’s Small Business Summit in PewaukeeDec 11th, 2018 by Gov. Scott Walker
The summit brings together leaders from across Wisconsin to discuss the challenges faced by small businesses.
Governor Walker Orders Flags to Half-Staff Honoring Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, U.S. Navy Seaman 1st Class William BruesewitzDec 7th, 2018 by Gov. Scott Walker
Bruesewitz will be buried with full military honors in Arlington National Cemetery on Friday, December 7, 2018.
"Tristan Eagon is a respected community leader who has distinguished herself in her career as a state public defender and civil litigator."