Area School Districts to Close
Schools closed starting Monday, March 16, 2020
Glendale, WI – Area school districts, including Brown Deer, Cedarburg, Fox Point-Bayside, Germantown, Glendale-River Hills, Grafton, Maple Dale-Indian Hill, Mequon-Thiensville, Nicolet Union High School, Northern Ozaukee, Port Washington, Shorewood, and Whitefish Bay, announce today a four-week closure for all schools to reduce the impact of COVID-19. The closure will begin Monday, March 16, 2020, with schools tentatively resuming April 13, 2020.
Individual school districts will communicate their plans for the official date when classes will resume. Any further adjustments to school calendars will be handled by individual school districts, each of which are reaching out to families with additional details today.
This closure is in line with The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for school districts and is supported by the North Shore and Washington Ozaukee Public Health Departments to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our communities.
The health of our students, staff, families, communities and most vulnerable is of utmost importance and closing school is a measure we can take to support efforts to reduce the impact of COVID-19.
- WI Daily: Wisconsin Reports Biggest One-Day COVID-19 Case Increase - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 4th, 2020
- Beware of Contact Tracing Scams - Bridgit Bowden - Jul 4th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Spread Keeps Accelerating in Wisconsin - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Milwaukee Moves Backward In Fight Against COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- State Unemployment Insurance System Failing Many - Bram Sable-Smith - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Racial Disparities Found in Safer-At-Home Arrests - Edgar Mendez - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Johnson Discusses Small Business Recovery at Axios Virtual Event - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Jul 3rd, 2020
- The City of Milwaukee Phase 4 Assessment Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jul 3rd, 2020
- WI Daily: 14-Day Positive Case Rate Continues Upward Climb - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
- City Hall: What Should Or Shouldn’t Be in Milwaukee Mask Mandate? - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here