Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin Backs Assembly Bill 1 Reforms, Urges Governor Evers to Sign Bill
MADISON, WI—Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin (AFP-WI) today issued a statement following the passage of amended Assembly Bill 1 in the Assembly, and in anticipation of the Senate’s passage. The bill takes important steps to addressing challenges families are continuing to face as a result of COVID-19.
AFP-WI State Director Eric Bott issued the following statement:
“We’re encouraged by these positive reforms included in Assembly Bill 1 that will make it easier for Wisconsinites to recover from the health and economic challenges stemming from COVID-19. The lives and livelihoods of Wisconsinites must come first. It’s great to see our policymakers support free-market, commonsense solutions that will help us recover stronger. Following the Senate’s likely passage of the package, we urge Governor Evers to sign this needed legislation as soon as possible.”
AFP-WI strongly supports the following policies included in amended Assembly Bill 1, as passed by the Assembly:
- Ensuring businesses, nonprofits, schools and universities, and other entities are able to remain open safely and without fear of frivolous lawsuits;
- Keeping more employees in their jobs across the state by extending flexibilities to the Work-Share Program;
- Providing flexibilities for more health care workers to safely administer COVID-19 vaccines;
- Allowing our health care systems to operate to the best of their ability by allowing providers licensed in other states to practice easily in Wisconsin, including through telehealth platforms and telemedicine; and
- Providing more education opportunities for students by extending the open enrollment period.
For further information or an interview, reach Nicole Tardif at NTardif@afphq.org or (571) 329-0161.
Through broad-based grassroots outreach, Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is driving long-term solutions to the country’s biggest problems. AFP activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit, where people succeed by helping one another. AFP recruits and unites Wisconsinites behind a common goal of advancing policies that will help people improve their lives. For more information, visit www.AmericansForProsperity.org
- WI Daily: 206 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 6th, 2021
- Surprising No One, Senator Johnson Votes Against Relief for Wisconsin Workers and Families - Opportunity Wisconsin - Mar 6th, 2021
- U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Votes to Pass the American Rescue Plan and Support Wisconsin - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Mar 6th, 2021
- WI Daily: 350 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 5th, 2021
- DHS and Laboratory Partners Identify Variant Strain B.1.351 of SARS-CoV-2 in Wisconsin - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Mar 5th, 2021
- Many South Side Seniors Now Eligible for Vaccination at Kosciuszko Community Center - Sup. Sylvia Ortiz-Velez - Mar 5th, 2021
- State Vaccine Hotline Up and Running - Graham Kilmer - Mar 5th, 2021
- County Targeting Vulnerable ZIP Codes for Vaccine - Graham Kilmer - Mar 5th, 2021
- Ron Johnson Pushes Conspiracies Ahead of Possible Third Term - Shawn Johnson - Mar 5th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, DHS Announce 1 Million Wisconsinites Have Received at Least One Dose of the COVID-19 Vaccine - Gov. Tony Evers - Mar 5th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here