ACLU of Wisconsin Statement on Appeals Court Ruling Blocking Attempted Voter Purge
MILWAUKEE – The ACLU of Wisconsin released the following statement regarding a Wisconsin appeals court ruling blocking an effort to remove voters from the rolls.
“The ACLU of Wisconsin believes we should make it easier to vote, not harder,” said Chris Ott, ACLU of Wisconsin executive director. “We appreciate today’s ruling to leave existing voter registrations alone, and we thank our allies who have fought the confusion and obstacles that the lower court ruling would have created. We urge all eligible voters to vote in this year’s important elections, starting April 7th. With our rights on the ballot, we will continue to fight to ensure every eligible voter can make their voice heard.”
The ACLU of Wisconsin has information about the upcoming Supreme Court election at: https://www.aclu-wi.org/en/2020-wisconsin-supreme-court-elections-what-you-need-know
There is also a Constitutional amendment on the ballot that would alter the rights of criminal defendants and victims, and many county, municipal and school board elections.
To make voting as smooth as possible, the ACLU also encourages voters to verify that their registrations are up to date by checking https://myvote.wi.gov/
Voters with questions about their eligibility, registration or voter ID can visit https://www.aclu-wi.org/en/Votingrights or reach out to Wisconsin Election Protection on Facebook or @EPWisco on Twitter.
This release is online at: https://www.aclu-wi.org/en/news/aclu-wisconsin-statement-appeals-court-ruling-blocking-attempted-voter-purge
- High Court Urged to Okay 5% Error Rate in Voter Purge - Henry Redman - Sep 30th, 2020
- Court to Rule on Purging 130,000 from Voter Rolls - Laurel White - Sep 29th, 2020
- League of Women Voters of Wisconsin Files Brief to Protect Registered Voters from Polling List Purge - League of Women Voters of Wisconsin - Jul 14th, 2020
- State High Court Narrows Chance of Voter Purge - Laurel White - Jul 1st, 2020
- Voter Purge Push Threatens 129,000 Names - Michael Parsky, Kynala Phillips and Dana Munro - Jun 14th, 2020
- Op Ed: Dan Kelly Wants Revenge - Matt Rothschild - Jun 2nd, 2020
- State High Court to Hear Voter Purge Case - Laurel White - Jun 1st, 2020
- Kelly Might Hear Voter Purge Case - Shawn Johnson - Apr 16th, 2020
- What’s Next in Voter Purge Battle? - Ruth Conniff - Mar 2nd, 2020
- ACLU of Wisconsin Statement on Appeals Court Ruling Blocking Attempted Voter Purge - American Civil Liberties Union of Wisconsin - Feb 28th, 2020
Read more about 2020 Voter Purge here