Legislators Demand Evers Remove Chisholm
Republicans target Milwaukee DA, whose office set bail for accused killer Darrell Brooks.
Nine state representatives and five state senators, all Republicans, signed a letter sent to the governor Monday.
The lawmakers allege District Attorney John Chisholm neglected his duty to his office.
Chisholm’s office was responsible for setting the bail for Darrell Brooks, the man accused of driving his SUV through the Christmas parade in Waukesha, killing six people and injuring dozens.
Brooks was arrested days before after allegedly punching a woman in the face and striking her with his car. Chisholm’s office set the bail recommendation for Brooks at $1,000.
Last week, Chisholm told the Milwaukee County Board there was no excuse for what happened and said it was human error that the bail was set “inappropriately low.”
Evers said last week he was working with Chisholm’s office to investigate what happened.
State legislators call on Evers to remove John Chisholm as Milwaukee County district attorney was originally published by Wisconsin Public Radio.
- WisGOP Statement on Tony Evers’ Refusal to Fire John Chisholm - Republican Party of Wisconsin - Jan 11th, 2022
- Legislators Withhold Chisholm’s Pay Raise - Isiah Holmes - Dec 22nd, 2021
- Group Pushes Evers to Oust John Chisholm - Corri Hess - Dec 21st, 2021
- WisGOP Statement on John Chisholm Complaint - Republican Party of Wisconsin - Dec 20th, 2021
- Former Milwaukee Brewers All-Star to Attend United For Waukesha Charity Event at 3rd Street Market Hall - 3rd Street Market Hall - Dec 8th, 2021
- Legislators Demand Evers Remove Chisholm - Hannah Haynes - Dec 7th, 2021
- Lawyers Caution Against Changing Bail System - Isiah Holmes - Dec 5th, 2021
- DA Blames ‘Human Error’ for Waukesha Parade Attack Suspect’s Bail - Corri Hess - Dec 3rd, 2021
- Rep. Fitzgerald Requests a Moment of Silence on House Floor to Honor Waukesha Christmas Parade Victims - U.S. Rep Scott Fitzgerald - Nov 30th, 2021
- Baldwin, Johnson Urge People Not to Exploit Waukesha Tragedy - Ruth Conniff - Nov 29th, 2021
Read more about Tragedy at Waukesha Christmas Parade here