State Sen. Jacque Released From Hospital
Opponent of masks and vaccine mandates spent three weeks on a ventilator.
Jacque, a Republican from De Pere who has been a vocal opponent of mask and vaccine mandates, tested positive for the virus last month.
Jacque will continue respiratory and occupational therapy, but he’s feeling well mentally, the spokesperson said in a statement.
Several weeks ago, Jacque’s wife shared a statement with local news station WBAY that seems to indicate that her husband wasn’t vaccinated against COVID-19.
According to Renée Jacque, five of her eight family members tested positive for COVID-19. Just one of those people was fully vaccinated, and they experienced mild symptoms, according to the statement shared by the station.
“While vaccination is a personal choice, I ask that those individuals who are eligible and able to receive the COVID-19 vaccine please consider placing their trust in the medical professionals who recommend it,” she said.
The conservative lawmaker tested positive for the virus in mid-August. He didn’t experience symptoms at first but was later diagnosed with pneumonia.
On Monday, former Wisconsin Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch announced that she had tested positive for COVID-19 while on the campaign trail in her bid for governor. She’s fully vaccinated and feeling fine, according to a campaign spokesperson.
Wisconsin is averaging nearly 3,000 new infections per day, according to the state Department of Health Services. That’s the highest number since January. Fifty-three percent of Wisconsinites are fully vaccinated against the disease.
Listen to the WPR report here.
State Sen. André Jacque Released From Hospital After Being On Ventilator With COVID-19 was originally published by Wisconsin Public Radio.
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Oct 15th, 2021
- MATC to Host Public COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic at the Downtown Milwaukee Campus Oct. 18 - Milwaukee Area Technical College - Oct 15th, 2021
- City Hall: MPD Supervisors Face Vaccine-or-Mask Requirement - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 14th, 2021
- Hospitals Expect to Lose Staff Over Vaccine Mandates - Shamane Mills - Oct 14th, 2021
- Rural Areas Have Highest COVID-19 Death Rates - Shamane Mills - Oct 13th, 2021
- DHS Announces Multiple Funding Opportunities to Address COVID-19 Health Disparities - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Oct 13th, 2021
- City and Police Supervisors Reach Agreement on COVID Vaccinations - City of Milwaukee - Oct 13th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Disease Remains At High Level - Graham Kilmer - Oct 12th, 2021
- New COVID-19 Mass Testing Site Opens in Menomonee Valley - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 11th, 2021
- Class Action Lawsuit Targets Schools For Lax COVID-19 Policies - Corri Hess - Oct 10th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here