Black Husky Hosting Vaccine Clinic
Bring a friend that hasn't been vaccinated and both of you will get a free beer at Riverwest brewery.
It’s often said that the best beer is a free beer. By this logic, Black Husky Brewing will have the best beer in Milwaukee on tap this weekend as it seeks to encourage COVID-19 vaccination.
The Riverwest brewery at 900 E. Locust St. is partnering with the City of Milwaukee Health Department for a pop-up vaccine clinic this weekend, and it’s attempting to make getting the shot irresistible with the promise of free beer.
On both Saturday and Sunday, May 15th – 16th, from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., the health department will be on site administering shots of the COVID-19 vaccine. If you have an unvaccinated friend and you bring them to Black Husky for a shot, both of you can enjoy a beer on the house. The brewery is calling the event “Double Your Dose.”
This is the second time Black Husky has used its beer to promote the COVID-19 vaccine. On Friday May 7th, the brewery was giving a free beer to anyone that showed their vaccination card.
Several other businesses in Milwaukee have also offered deals and discounts for vaccinated persons, and while it didn’t offer free drinks, Nomad World Pub recently held a vaccination clinic on April 29th.
In March, Shawarma House, 2921 N. Oakland Ave., started offering 15% off to customers that were vaccinated. Around that time the Iron Horse Hotel, 500 W. Florida St., began offering a free shot to anyone that had gotten the shot, and Up-Down, 615 E. Brady St., began giving free tokens to anyone that had received their second dose.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- DHS Now Tracking SARS-CoV-2 Variant of Concern B.1.617.2, the Delta Variant - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 16th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department to Host Second Vaccine Clinic on June 17 - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 15th, 2021
- State High Court Blocks School Closures - Erik Gunn - Jun 12th, 2021
- MKE County: Child COVID-19 Vaccination Rate Rising - Graham Kilmer - Jun 11th, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 11th, 2021
- DHS Community-Based Vaccination Clinics to Begin Ramping Down Operations - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 11th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Firefighter Joshua D. Fedie of the Boscobel Fire Department - Gov. Tony Evers - Jun 11th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department to Raffle Bucks Playoff Tickets with Vaccination - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 9th, 2021
- Vaccine Tamperer Gets Three Year Sentence - Rich Kremer - Jun 8th, 2021
- Wisconsin Re-Launches “You Stop the Spread” Multimedia Campaign - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 8th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here