State Launches Vaccine Provider Map
Interactive map shows vaccine providers, where doses are being distributed.
The goal for this map is two-fold, according to the department. First, to increase transparency in the distribution of vaccine. Second, to assist residents as they try to find somewhere they can be vaccinated.
Next week, the state will greatly increase eligibility for the vaccine by moving on to the next phase of vaccination, Phase 1b. This will include education and child care workers, individuals enrolled in Medicaid long-term care programs, some public-facing essential workers, non-frontline health care essential personnel, and facility staff and residents in congregate living settings.
These new groups will make approximately 1.6 million people, or 33% of the state’s population, eligible for the vaccine.
The vaccine provider map of Wisconsin is interactive and allows a user to zoom in on the region or municipality they live in. Color coded dots indicate who can be vaccinated at a specific clinic. For instance, a blue dot means the vaccinator is administering doses to anyone in the public who is eligible, an orange dot means it is only vaccinating specific groups and a red dot means they are closed to the public except for specific patients.
By clicking on a dot, you will be shown the name of the vaccinator, the address and links to the website where you can schedule your appointment and directions to get there. Currently, all vaccination is done by appointment.
A provider only shows up on the map when they have been given a supply of doses. DHS will update the map every two weeks. So there is the possibility that a provider will use up its supply before the map is updated.
The federal government has been slowly increasing the supply of vaccine sent to Wisconsin since vaccination began in January. Even with a recent uptick in weekly doses, the supply of vaccine is still constrained.
View the map here.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- New State COVID-19 Testing For Schools - Erik Gunn - Apr 21st, 2021
- WI Daily: 805 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 20th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Announces $50 Million to Support Kids’ Learning Opportunities, Mental Health - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 20th, 2021
- Ron Johnson Doubles Down on Toxic Vote Against American Rescue Plan, Tells WI Voters They Didn’t Deserve Direct Checks - Protect Our Care Wisconsin - Apr 20th, 2021
- Governor Evers, DHS Announce More Than $175 Million to Support COVID-19 Testing in Schools - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Apr 20th, 2021
- Senator Johnson Admits “Stand(ing) in the Way of Getting Checks to Everybody” - Opportunity Wisconsin - Apr 20th, 2021
- Robin Vos Must Stop Spreading Vaccine Doubts Online - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Apr 19th, 2021
- WI Daily: 373 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 19th, 2021
- WI Daily: 518 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 18th, 2021
- WI Daily: 727 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 17th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here