Missing Mail-In Ballots Case Unlikely to Affect Wisconsin
300,000 ballots are unaccounted for by USPS.
A court case involving U.S. Postal Service delays now appears unlikely to affect the final vote tally in Wisconsin in the race for president.
The Associated Press has declared former Vice President Joe Biden the winner of the state’s 10 electoral votes based on the total ballots cast in early, mail-in, absentee and Election Day voting. With votes counted from all but one community of 300 people, the Democratic candidate had a margin of a little more than 20,000 votes.
The USPS has acknowledged that more than 300,000 mail-in ballots had entered its system with no exit recorded, the Washington Post reported. USPS officials said that the lack of exit records for the ballots didn’t mean that they were misplaced, according to the Post, but that likely they had been sorted by hand, pulled for expedited delivery and simply not given an exit scan. It is not known if any of those ballots were processed at the USPS Lakeland facility, which serves most of Wisconsin.
At a hearing on Wednesday, Sullivan angrily accused postal officials of “attempting to run the clock out on his order,” the Post reported. Sullivan is presiding over a lawsuit brought by voting rights groups against the postal service because of the delays in handling of mail-in ballots.
The newspaper stated that 8,000 of the ballots the USPS took for processing on Election Day were processed late, but did not indicate if any of them were processed at Lakeland.
Reprinted with permission of Wisconsin Examiner.
- Murphy’s Law: How Vos Pushes The Big Lie - Bruce Murphy - Jun 1st, 2021
- Hesselbein Votes No to Republican Private Investigators - State Rep. Dianne Hesselbein - May 28th, 2021
- Robin Vos Wasting Taxpayer Resources To Investigate Non-Existent Voter Fraud - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - May 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission to Discuss Suspected Voter Fraud Reports for 2020 and 2021 Elections - Wisconsin Elections Commission - May 24th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The Vanishing Courage of Mike Gallagher - Bruce Murphy - May 11th, 2021
- Op Ed: Liz Cheney’s Profile In Courage - Dave Cieslewicz - May 9th, 2021
- Spindell Gets Second Term on Elections Commission - Henry Redman - Apr 30th, 2021
- A Tale of Two Elections - Melanie Conklin - Apr 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission Head Saw No Problems in Green Bay - Megan Hart - Mar 31st, 2021
- ‘Kraken’ Lawsuits Not Based on Facts - Graham Kilmer - Mar 23rd, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here