Missing Mail-In Ballots Case Unlikely to Affect Wisconsin
300,000 ballots are unaccounted for by USPS.
A court case involving U.S. Postal Service delays now appears unlikely to affect the final vote tally in Wisconsin in the race for president.
The Associated Press has declared former Vice President Joe Biden the winner of the state’s 10 electoral votes based on the total ballots cast in early, mail-in, absentee and Election Day voting. With votes counted from all but one community of 300 people, the Democratic candidate had a margin of a little more than 20,000 votes.
The USPS has acknowledged that more than 300,000 mail-in ballots had entered its system with no exit recorded, the Washington Post reported. USPS officials said that the lack of exit records for the ballots didn’t mean that they were misplaced, according to the Post, but that likely they had been sorted by hand, pulled for expedited delivery and simply not given an exit scan. It is not known if any of those ballots were processed at the USPS Lakeland facility, which serves most of Wisconsin.
At a hearing on Wednesday, Sullivan angrily accused postal officials of “attempting to run the clock out on his order,” the Post reported. Sullivan is presiding over a lawsuit brought by voting rights groups against the postal service because of the delays in handling of mail-in ballots.
The newspaper stated that 8,000 of the ballots the USPS took for processing on Election Day were processed late, but did not indicate if any of them were processed at Lakeland.
Reprinted with permission of Wisconsin Examiner.
- Senator Agard Statement on Senator Knodl’s Continued Relitigation of the 2020 Presidential Election - State Sen. Melissa Agard, Senate Democratic Leader - Aug 29th, 2023
- Report Calls For Criminally Charging State’s Fake Electors - Henry Redman - Dec 19th, 2022
- Vos Withdraws Subpoenas, Ends Gableman Probe - Henry Redman - Aug 30th, 2022
- Judge Blasts Gableman Probe, Deleted Records - Henry Redman - Aug 17th, 2022
- Vos Fires Gableman, Ends Election Probe - Shawn Johnson - Aug 14th, 2022
- Judge Orders Gableman To Pay $163,000 In Legal Fees - Rich Kremer - Aug 2nd, 2022
- Prosecute 2020 Fake Electors, Advocates Demand - Erik Gunn - Aug 1st, 2022
- Trump Calls For Nullification of Wisconsin’s 2020 Election - Henry Redman - Jul 12th, 2022
- Legal Fight Over Gableman Probe Keeps Growing - Shawn Johnson - Jun 30th, 2022
- Back In the News: Fake Elector Scheme Dogs Ron Johnson - Bruce Murphy - Jun 28th, 2022
Read more about 2020 General Election here