This Weekend’s Protests Against Police Brutality
List of protests against the killing of George Floyd and police brutality.
For the fifth consecutive weekend, dozens of events will take place across the Milwaukee area in response to the killing of George Floyd by a Minneapolis police officer and other police-related incidents.
Events have varied in size and message, ranging from small groups demanding change at sit-ins to marches of several thousand people circling Milwaukee.
Have another event? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
10 a.m. – Black Lives Matter Chalk Drawing – “Draw a message for black lives matter” runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. outside Greendale Village Hall.
12:00 p.m. – Stand for Justice – “This small protest is perfect for folks like me who are unable to attend long protests and rallies.” Group meets at S. 27th St. and W. Oklahoma Ave.
2:00 p.m. – Holton and Center Black Lives Matter Mural Painting – Block party and mural painting on building scheduled to run until 9 p.m. Hosted by Tommy Franecki and The People’s Movement of Milwaukee. Speeches at 3 p.m.
3:00 p.m. – Wee Chalk Your Walk – The family-friendly group will chalk the streets and sidewalks along W. Washington Blvd. between N. 49th St. and N. 55th St. in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter at School movement.
4:00 p.m. – Chalk Art Protest and Kneel for Nine – Hosted by the Redeemer United Church of Christ – Sussex, this one-hour event will take place at the Sussex Civic Center.
4 p.m. – Youth and Families March for Black Lives Matter – Led by Courage MKE, the march will go from W. Lapham St. to W. National Ave. via S. 2nd St. All speakers will be children and teenagers.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- The “Molotov Cocktail” That Wasn’t - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 23rd, 2020
- City Hall: Police Chief, Alderman Fight Over Use of Canines - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 23rd, 2020
- Will BLM Movement Sway State Voters? - Bridgit Bowden - Oct 20th, 2020
- City Hall: Community Groups Propose Changes - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 19th, 2020
- Global George P. Floyd Jr. Day October 14th: #Cardboardlovepaint #withus as Milwaukee Celebrates George Floyd Day - Milwaukee Artists for Racial Justice - Oct 13th, 2020
- Tosa Police Arrest Cole Family At Protest - Isiah Holmes - Oct 9th, 2020
- MPD requests that all individuals who choose to express their First Amendment right to assemble do so peacefully - Milwaukee Police Department - Oct 8th, 2020
- Rep. Robyn Vining Responds to Milwaukee County DA Decision - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Oct 8th, 2020
- March Continues, With New Chant - Urban Milwaukee - Oct 7th, 2020
- March Continues Near 100th and Capitol - Urban Milwaukee - Oct 7th, 2020
Read more about 2020 Racial Justice Protests here