Summerfest Postponed Until September
Due to COVID-19 outbreak, festival leaders moving it to three weekends in September.
Summerfest, Milwaukee’s multi-day music festival along the city’s lakefront, will be postponed until September because of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, organizers announced Monday.
The 11-day music festival was supposed to be June 24-July 5, but because of the COVID-19 outbreak, festival organizers have decided to move it to Sept. 3-5, 10-12 and 17-19.
“In the interest of safety and cooperation with artists, Summerfest 2020 will move … The new dates provide the best possible option to deliver the Summerfest experience our fans and sponsors have grown to love,” a statement on Summerfest’s official Twitter account reads.
Tickets purchased for Summerfest’s original dates can be used during the rescheduled dates, the statement reads.
— Summerfest (@Summerfest) March 23, 2020
This year’s scheduled performers included Justin Bieber, the Dave Matthews Band, Guns ‘N’ Roses, Chris Stapleton and Blink-182, among others. Information about rescheduled performances will be shared “soon,” according to the statement.
Summerfest Postponed To September was originally published by Wisconsin Public Radio.
- DHS Now Tracking SARS-CoV-2 Variant of Concern B.1.617.2, the Delta Variant - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 16th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department to Host Second Vaccine Clinic on June 17 - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 15th, 2021
- State High Court Blocks School Closures - Erik Gunn - Jun 12th, 2021
- MKE County: Child COVID-19 Vaccination Rate Rising - Graham Kilmer - Jun 11th, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 11th, 2021
- DHS Community-Based Vaccination Clinics to Begin Ramping Down Operations - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 11th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Firefighter Joshua D. Fedie of the Boscobel Fire Department - Gov. Tony Evers - Jun 11th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department to Raffle Bucks Playoff Tickets with Vaccination - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 9th, 2021
- Vaccine Tamperer Gets Three Year Sentence - Rich Kremer - Jun 8th, 2021
- Wisconsin Re-Launches “You Stop the Spread” Multimedia Campaign - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 8th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here