Convention Center Expansion Inches Forward
Wisconsin Center District hiring Morgan Stanley as banker.
The planned expansion of the Wisconsin Center is moving forward, at least a little. The Wisconsin Center District is proposing to hire investment bank Morgan Stanley as the lead bank on a bond offering to finance the $250 million expansion.
The district will also soon look for an architecture firm to design the expansion.
Architectural Studio to Purchase Four Buildings in Menomonee Valley
Zimmerman Architectural Studios is proposing to purchase its Menomonee Valley home and three other nearby buildings.
The four buildings at 2122-2215 W. Mt Vernon Ave. form the City Lights complex originally built in 1895 for the Milwaukee Gas Light Company. Zimmerman would purchase it from its long-owners, the Giuffre brothers who are now embattled in a legal dispute over the sale of their assets.
The 82,000-square-foot complex is also home to City Lights Brewing and the Four Seasons Skatepark.
West Allis Office Building Could Be Demolished for Hotel
Milwaukee-based Catalyst Partners is seeking approval from the City of West Allis to demolish an office building and quickly build a Holiday Inn Express hotel in its place.
The mostly-vacant building at 10201 W. Lincoln Ave. is planned to hope as soon as summer 2020 in time for the Democratic National Convention. The hotel would rise four stories and contain 107 rooms, Sean Ryan reported in the Milwaukee Business Journal
In Other News:
- Lurie Still Planning Bay View Project
- Cheeseheads Maker Adding Event Space
- A Town Square for Downtown Milwaukee
- InterLace Boutique Apartments in the Historic Third Ward
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- Wisconsin Center Seeks Artists For Expansion - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 31st, 2022
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Convention Center Expansion Costs Grow By $36 Million - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 24th, 2022
- Friday Photos: $420 Million Convention Center Expansion Moving Forward - Jeramey Jannene - Jun 17th, 2022
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Wisconsin Center Expansion Over Budget - Jeramey Jannene - May 20th, 2022
- Friday Photos: Inside Milwaukee’s Biggest Construction Project - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 1st, 2022
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Wisconsin Center Skywalk Design Okayed - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 20th, 2021
- Skywalk Between Hyatt Regency and Wisconsin Center Demolished - Annie Mattea - Nov 18th, 2021
- Eyes on Milwaukee: WCD Celebrates Start of Convention Center Expansion - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 28th, 2021
- Plats and Parcels: Construction Ramping Up on Wisconsin Center Expansion - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 15th, 2021
- Plats and Parcels: See Inside Convention Center Expansion - Jeramey Jannene - May 23rd, 2021
Read more about Wisconsin Center expansion here