Convention Center Expansion Inches Forward
Wisconsin Center District hiring Morgan Stanley as banker.
The planned expansion of the Wisconsin Center is moving forward, at least a little. The Wisconsin Center District is proposing to hire investment bank Morgan Stanley as the lead bank on a bond offering to finance the $250 million expansion.
The district will also soon look for an architecture firm to design the expansion.
Architectural Studio to Purchase Four Buildings in Menomonee Valley
Zimmerman Architectural Studios is proposing to purchase its Menomonee Valley home and three other nearby buildings.
The four buildings at 2122-2215 W. Mt Vernon Ave. form the City Lights complex originally built in 1895 for the Milwaukee Gas Light Company. Zimmerman would purchase it from its long-owners, the Giuffre brothers who are now embattled in a legal dispute over the sale of their assets.
The 82,000-square-foot complex is also home to City Lights Brewing and the Four Seasons Skatepark.
West Allis Office Building Could Be Demolished for Hotel
Milwaukee-based Catalyst Partners is seeking approval from the City of West Allis to demolish an office building and quickly build a Holiday Inn Express hotel in its place.
The mostly-vacant building at 10201 W. Lincoln Ave. is planned to hope as soon as summer 2020 in time for the Democratic National Convention. The hotel would rise four stories and contain 107 rooms, Sean Ryan reported in the Milwaukee Business Journal
In Other News:
- Lurie Still Planning Bay View Project
- Cheeseheads Maker Adding Event Space
- A Town Square for Downtown Milwaukee
- InterLace Boutique Apartments in the Historic Third Ward
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
More about the Wisconsin Center expansion
- Plats and Parcels: Gilbane, CD Smith Will Build Wisconsin Center Expansion - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 12th, 2020
- Wisconsin Center District Announces Construction Manager for Wisconsin Center Expansion - Wisconsin Center District - Jan 10th, 2020
- Wisconsin Center District Announces Architectural Team for Wisconsin Center Expansion - Wisconsin Center District - Dec 19th, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: River One Apartments Construction Starts in March - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 1st, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: New Apartments Near Streetcar Line - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 20th, 2019
- Convention Center Expansion Advances - Alana Watson - Aug 17th, 2019
- Wisconsin Center District Board Unanimously Passes Resolution Regarding Exposition Center Expansion - Wisconsin Center District - Aug 16th, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: State Aids Convention Center Expansion - Jeramey Jannene - Jun 30th, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: Convention Center Expansion Inches Forward - Graham Kilmer - May 20th, 2019
- Wisconsin Center District Updates Timeline for Completion of the Wisconsin Center - Wisconsin Center District - May 10th, 2019
- Evers Budget Overlooks Convention Center - Corri Hess - Mar 8th, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: About That New Convention Center Plan - Graham Kilmer - Jun 17th, 2018
- Plenty of Horne: Downtown Power Brokers Mull Expanded Convention Center - Michael Horne - May 15th, 2014