Good City Brewing Opens At Fiserv Forum
Company quietly opens second location in Bucks' entertainment block.
Reporter Eric Nehm, who covers the Bucks for The Athletic, tweeted last night that the lights were on at the new facility and that he was able to stop in for a “post-game beer.” Bucks vice president Alex Lasry also tweeted: “Nice view from the new
@GoodCityBrewing brewpub in the Live Block! It’s open so make sure you hit it up!”
— Alex Lasry (@AlexanderLasry) January 22, 2019
An official grand opening has not been announced, but Good City’s website states that the brewery and taproom are slated to open “early 2019.” Posts on the brewing company’s Instagram account have been providing updates on the second site’s construction, and photos from four days ago offer updates on interior details, including custom tables and the host stand.
Back in May 2018, Good City was announced as an anchor tenant for the entertainment center located across from Fiserv Forum (1111 Vel R. Phillips Ave). The 11,000-square-foot facility includes a two-story taproom and event space, along with a new brewery that will brew sour and small-batch beers.
Two more businesses have secured spots in the Entertainment Block since June. The Denver-based “eatertainment” company Punch Bowl Social announced its tenancy in July. In December, Drink Wisconsinbly announced it would open a new pub and merchandise shop at 320 W. Highland Ave.
The entertainment block is slated to open in early 2019, and more tenants are expected to be announced soon.
Good City did not respond to a request for comment by the time of publication.
Good City Renderings
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- Back in the News: Bucks Owners Continue to Cash In - Bruce Murphy - Nov 28th, 2022
- Murphy’s Law: Bucks Subsidy An Issue in US Senate Race - Bruce Murphy - May 9th, 2022
- Murphy’s Law: Bucks Franchise Worth $1.86 Billion - Bruce Murphy - Jan 25th, 2021
- Op Ed: County Parks Lost Funding to Bucks Arena - Patricia Jursik - Jul 7th, 2020
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Fiserv Forum Workers to Get $15/Hour - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 29th, 2020
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Beat Hiring Targets on Fiserv Forum - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 20th, 2019
- Murphy’s Law: Taxpayers Make Bucks, Brewers Rich - Bruce Murphy - Apr 16th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Unveil Master Plan for Park East - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 15th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Plan Massive Arena Signs - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 12th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks’ New Bar Is “The MECCA” - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 7th, 2019
Read more about New Bucks Arena here