Borowski Transferred to Different Court
Judicial rotation for circuit court judges switches him from court where he caused a furor.
Milwaukee County Circuit Judge Janet Protasiewicz in January will assume the homicide/sexual assault caseload now assigned to Circuit Judge David Borowski, who will move to misdemeanors, Chief Judge Maxine White announced last week.
Borowski recently was involved in a controversy over a contempt of court finding he made against Assistant State Public Defender Puck Tsai, a finding that sparked outrage among defense lawyers and that Borowski ultimately vacated.
The changes take effect Jan. 7.
Other rotatations announced by White:
- Circuit Judge Clare Fiorenza will assume the family court calendar now assigned to retiring Circuit Judge Richard Sankovitz.
- Fiorenza’s current civil calendar will go to Circuit Judge Carl Ashley.
- Circuit Judge Cynthia Davis will assume Ashley’s drug court calendar.
- Davis’ current misdemeanor and domestic violence calendar will go to Circuit Judge David Feiss.
- Circuit Judge Lindsey Grady will take over Protasiewicz’s felony drug calendar.
- Reserve judges will assume the Children’s Court calendars now held by Feiss and Grady.
Gretchen Schuldt writes a blog for Wisconsin Justice Initiative, whose mission is “To improve the quality of justice in Wisconsin by educating the public about legal issues and encouraging civic engagement in and debate about the judicial system and its operation.