Crony Capitalism of Walker, Hammes, Foxconn
Walker donor gets $100 million Foxconn project for which his company has no experience.
The announcement on May 14 that the Hammes Co. in Milwaukee is the chief planner for the Foxconn project is an example of crony capitalism at its worst.
Hammes is Walker’s campaign finance chairman for his current reelection bid.
And he was finance chairman for Walker’s hapless presidential campaign.
He and his wife, Ann, have given about $25,000 to Walker’s campaigns for governor over the last eight years.
Jon Hammes has also given about $20,000 to the Republican Party of Wisconsin over the last 18 years.
And Jon and Ann Hammes have given about $285,000 to the Republican National Committee over the last 14 years.
Now, for his dutiful service to Walker and the Republican Party, Hammes gets to cash in big time.
Well, you might say, maybe his company is the most qualified for the job.
But the Milwaukee Business Journal says: “Hammes Company of Brookfield built a national reputation for planning and developing health care and commercial real estate but no previous engagements compare with the newest.”
The Hammes deal is the latest — and the most grotesque — example of how Scott Walker has turned the state of Wisconsin into an ATM for his pals and donors, an ATM full of our tax dollars.
This is not democracy. This is thievery.
- Last Home in Foxconn Site Could Be Sold - Evan Casey - Jul 27th, 2022
- UW-Madison Hires Former Foxconn Executive - Rich Kremer - Apr 5th, 2022
- Nelson Calls on Congressional Oversight Committees to Pursue Information on Botched Foxconn-Oshkosh Defense Postal Deal - Tom Nelson - Mar 30th, 2022
- Foxconn Rebuffed Oshkosh Defense Bid to Build Mail Trucks? - Rich Kremer - Mar 28th, 2022
- Huge Foxconn Campus Remains A Puzzle - Denise Lockwood - Mar 28th, 2022
- Mount Pleasant Seeks Company for Foxconn Site - Bridgit Bowden - Mar 24th, 2022
- Rep. Bowen Statement on Foxconn Turning Its Back on Wisconsin Yet Again - State Rep. David Bowen - Mar 17th, 2022
- Back in the News: Foxconn In Talks for Saudi Arabian Plant - Bruce Murphy - Mar 16th, 2022
- Mt Pleasant Attorney Pushed Board to Extend Term Lengths - Corri Hess - Mar 9th, 2022
- As Foxconn Fails, Mt. Pleasant Board Extends Term Lengths - Corri Hess - Mar 1st, 2022
Read more about Foxconn Facility here