Crony Capitalism of Walker, Hammes, Foxconn
Walker donor gets $100 million Foxconn project for which his company has no experience.
The announcement on May 14 that the Hammes Co. in Milwaukee is the chief planner for the Foxconn project is an example of crony capitalism at its worst.
Hammes is Walker’s campaign finance chairman for his current reelection bid.
And he was finance chairman for Walker’s hapless presidential campaign.
He and his wife, Ann, have given about $25,000 to Walker’s campaigns for governor over the last eight years.
Jon Hammes has also given about $20,000 to the Republican Party of Wisconsin over the last 18 years.
And Jon and Ann Hammes have given about $285,000 to the Republican National Committee over the last 14 years.
Now, for his dutiful service to Walker and the Republican Party, Hammes gets to cash in big time.
Well, you might say, maybe his company is the most qualified for the job.
But the Milwaukee Business Journal says: “Hammes Company of Brookfield built a national reputation for planning and developing health care and commercial real estate but no previous engagements compare with the newest.”
The Hammes deal is the latest — and the most grotesque — example of how Scott Walker has turned the state of Wisconsin into an ATM for his pals and donors, an ATM full of our tax dollars.
This is not democracy. This is thievery.
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
- Op Ed: Foxconn Facility Could Help in Pandemic - James Rowen - Mar 29th, 2020
- Op Ed: The Foxconn Road to Ruin - James Rowen - Mar 9th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here