Crony Capitalism of Walker, Hammes, Foxconn
Walker donor gets $100 million Foxconn project for which his company has no experience.
The announcement on May 14 that the Hammes Co. in Milwaukee is the chief planner for the Foxconn project is an example of crony capitalism at its worst.
Hammes is Walker’s campaign finance chairman for his current reelection bid.
And he was finance chairman for Walker’s hapless presidential campaign.
He and his wife, Ann, have given about $25,000 to Walker’s campaigns for governor over the last eight years.
Jon Hammes has also given about $20,000 to the Republican Party of Wisconsin over the last 18 years.
And Jon and Ann Hammes have given about $285,000 to the Republican National Committee over the last 14 years.
Now, for his dutiful service to Walker and the Republican Party, Hammes gets to cash in big time.
Well, you might say, maybe his company is the most qualified for the job.
But the Milwaukee Business Journal says: “Hammes Company of Brookfield built a national reputation for planning and developing health care and commercial real estate but no previous engagements compare with the newest.”
The Hammes deal is the latest — and the most grotesque — example of how Scott Walker has turned the state of Wisconsin into an ATM for his pals and donors, an ATM full of our tax dollars.
This is not democracy. This is thievery.
- Hintz Doubts Foxconn Electric Car Project - Corri Hess - Mar 2nd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The Foxconn Real Estate Show - Bruce Murphy - Feb 25th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Local Costs for Foxconn Cut By 2% - Bruce Murphy - Feb 8th, 2021
- Foxconn Sued for Breach of Contract - Corri Hess - Feb 4th, 2021
- Vos and Wanggaard Continue to Gaslight Public on Foxconn Development - A Better Mt. Pleasant - Feb 3rd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Robin Vos Will Solve Foxconn Fiasco - Bruce Murphy - Feb 2nd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: 9 Reasons a New Foxconn Contract Is Unlikely - Bruce Murphy - Dec 21st, 2020
- Audit Says Foxconn Loophole Needs a Fix - Corri Hess - Dec 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Residents Outraged by Foxconn Fiasco - Bruce Murphy - Dec 8th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Landing Google Contract? - Bruce Murphy - Nov 23rd, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here