Night Market Rising
Part public art, part market, new pavilion on W. Wisconsin Ave. replaces surface parking.
The first visible signs of the Creational Trails project on W. Wisconsin Ave. are taking shape on the parking lot between N. 4th St. and N. 5th St. Located across from the oft-renamed Wisconsin Center, the parking lot will be transformed into a night market once a month through October.
The pavilion being assembled has been named the Moire Pavilion and was selected in a competitive application process dubbed Tournavation.
Other Artists With Featured Work at Market
- John Riepenhoff — Beer Garden
- James Carlson — Polyplane
- Daniel Fleming — FaceBox
- Cynthia Henry and AYZHA Fine Arts Gallery — Live Radio Play
- The MMXII Team — MMXII Sidewalk
- Evelyn Patricia Terry — Downtown Luv Seats
- Sarah Luther — Urban Hikes
Market Schedule (5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.)
- July 16th
- August 13th
- September 17th
- October 15th
Photos by Mac Writt.
Past Coverage of Creational Trails
- Arts Project Coming to Wisconsin Avenue – March 14th, 2014 – Michael Horne
- Entrants & Winners for Wisconsin Avenue Placemaking – December 11th, 2013 – Grace Fuhr
- The Road to Creativity – October 31st, 2013 – Brian Jacobson
- $350,000 Grant Funds Art Corridors – May 20th, 2013 – Jeramey Jannene
- Five-Story Mixed-Use Building for Capitol Drive Moves Forward – May 7th, 2013 – Dave Reid
- Healing an Urban Scar – December 10th, 2012 – Christine Pedretti