Forest Home Library Closed on Tuesday, August 6th
Scheduled Water Maintenance Will Shut off Water for Day
Milwaukee Public Library’s Forest Home Branch (1432 West Forest Home Avenue) will close on Tuesday, August 6th due to scheduled water maintenance in the area.
The Milwaukee Water Works will be conducting a water main relay project in which water customers are removed from the old water main and connected to the new water main. During this process, water is shut-off. All work will occur during business hours. Businesses and residents who will be impacted have been notified.
Important Information about Library Closure:
- Questions about the water maintenance project should be directed to (414) 286-CITY.
- All Forest Home Library programs scheduled for Tuesday will be canceled including story time and drop-in job help.
- Forest Home Library staff will be reassigned to another location for the day.
- All library patron holds that are currently available for pick up at Forest Home Library will be available for an additional day.
- The book return at Forest Home Library will remain open.
- Library patrons are encouraged to visit nearby libraries on Tuesday: Bay View Library (2566 South Kinnickinnic Avenue) and Zablocki Library (3501 West Oklahoma Avenue.) Both libraries are open from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm on Tuesday. Directions can be found at www.mpl.org.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Public Library - Page 2
Hours expanded at four Milwaukee Public Library branches
Library and Architects Seek Community Input on New Library on Mitchell Street
Poet Matt Cook Selected to Serve from 2015-2017
HGA has a history of designing libraries and has worked with MPL on several previous projects.
Milwaukee Public Library Invites Community Input on Proposed Mixed Use Development for Mill Road LibraryFeb 12th, 2015 by Milwaukee Public Library
Community Meetings Scheduled for February 26th and March 4th
The developer team of Maures Development Group, Common Bond and Engberg Anderson was selected.