Jackson Street Heats Up
Two of the three Jackson St. apartment projects are under construction.
North Jackson St., on Milwaukee’s Lower East Side, has recently been a hotbed of infill development projects, two of which are currently under construction.
Work continues at the site of the former Joey’s Restaurant, 1601 N. Jackson St. Dermond Property Investments is constructing a 34-unit five-story apartment building at this location. This project was somewhat controversial in the neighborhood due to its size, and has led the way for increasing density in this area.
Despite 1530 N. Jackson St. having been the first of these three sites to see recent redevelopment interest, the apartment building planned at this address is still not under construction.
Recent 1509 N. Jackson St. Articles
- Greenest Building Ever Built?
- Plan Commission Recommends Approval of Five-story Apartment Building
- Apartment Building Proposed for Lower East Side
Recent 1601 N. Jackson St. Articles
- Jackson St. Apartment Proposal Approved at Zoning Committee
- Jackson Street Apartment Proposal Held at Committee
- City Plan Commission Recommends Revised Jackson St. Apartment Building for Approval
- Five-Story Apartment Building Proposed on Jackson Street
Recent 1530 N. Jackson St. Articles
Correction: An earlier version of the story stated there were 21 wells being drilled. Only 18 wells were being drilled.
Reedsburg to Madison
Jul 18th, 2014 by Jeramey Jannene
Years in the making and 6 stories high, it's nearly complete. Students will move in this fall.
Jul 11th, 2014 by Jeramey Jannene
Part public art, part market, new pavilion on W. Wisconsin Ave. replaces surface parking.
Jun 27th, 2014 by Jeramey Jannene
City unveils sign system to guide drivers to garages with available parking spots.