You’re invited to the PrideFest 2017 Opening Ceremonies
Celebrate 30 years of triumph with Milwaukee Pride
Milwaukee, WI – Celebrate 30 years of local LGBTQ triumph with FREE ADMISSION to PrideFest Milwaukee!
Each year, PrideFest Milwaukee is the official kickoff to Milwaukee’s summer festival season. To honor our history and heritage, Milwaukee Pride, Inc. is offering complimentary admission for all visitors from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 9.
PrideFest Milwaukee 2017 features headliners Betty Who, 10,000 Maniacs, Steve Grand and Todrick Hall, along with over 150 diverse acts on eight stages to Henry W. Maier Festival Park on June 9, 10 and 11. Randy Rainbow, political commentator, will serve as Master of Ceremonies for the weekend.
We are excited to welcome activist Jim Obergefell as our keynote speaker. In 2015, Obergefell’s landmark Supreme Court case resulted in a national victory for marriage equality. As a purposeful activist, Obergefell is dedicated to the fight for equality not just for the LGBTQ community, but for civil rights for all. He encourages and empowers audiences to stand by their beliefs — and prove that love always wins.
Milwaukee Pride, Inc. is proud to present the 2017 Pride Awards, which will be awarded to three honorees:
- Lois Ratzow, founder of the Old Timers Party
- Linda Wesp, NP, of the Milwaukee Center for Health & Wellness
- Milwaukee Bucks
We also recognize Keiana James with our Valor Award, which celebrates an individual who has fought to advance a critical community cause despite great resistance, obstacle or adversity.
We honor and welcome our PrideFest Plus One beneficiary, GSAFE.
“We are humbled to be this year’s PrideFest Plus One recipient,” said Brian Juchems, GSAFE senior director of education and policy. “Proceeds raised will help us continue our work to build the leadership of LGBTQ middle and high school students through youth leadership events and camps. It allows us to continue our work with schools and districts to not only pass but implement policy that supports and includes transgender and nonbinary students. We couldn’t be more grateful!”
The national anthem will be performed by local artist Corky Morgan.
Please join us in celebrating these community heroes – and launching an exciting weekend of friends, family and fun at PrideFest Milwaukee 2017!
Opening ceremonies begin at 3:00 p.m. sharp in the PrideFest Milwaukee Dance Pavilion and will end at 4:00 p.m. Reentry hand stamps will only be offered between 4:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
Three-day weekend passes to PrideFest Milwaukee 2017 include access to all shows, on all stages, all weekend long. Buy now for just $35 through June 8. Single day and VIP tickets are also available. Don’t forget to Give Plus One (or any dollar amount) to protect and support LGBTQ students through GSAFE. Your dollars will make an immediate impact in the local community.
The mission of Milwaukee Pride, Inc., is:
- to educate both the general community and the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Queer (LGBTQ) communities about needs, issues and various aspects of the LGBTQ culture;
- to provide a forum to celebrate the history and accomplishments of LGBTq people;
- to create an environment for networking and outreach for services and community opportunities for LGBTQ people and their families and friends; and
- any other activities exclusively for charitable, educational, and research purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Pride, Inc.
Ladies Represent! DJ Battle raises $1,000+ for LGBTQ youth