Women’s March Wisconsin to Celebrate Anniversary
Thousands expected to gather across the state one year after initial march
Milwaukee, WI: On Saturday, Jan. 20, 2018 women, femmes and allies will gather in Milwaukee, Green Bay and Eau Claire for the Women’s March Wisconsin Day of Action. The goal for these events is to celebrate the work women of color have done over the past year by highlighting women of color-led organizations, candidates and elected officials. This includes featuring women of color as speakers, holding fundraising drives for grassroots organizations led by women of color, and addressing voter disenfranchisement and suppression.
Last January, women of all backgrounds came together on all seven continents of the world to show up and be counted as those who believe in a world that is equitable, tolerant, just and safe for all. One in which the human rights and dignity of each person are protected and the planet is safe from destruction. The Wisconsin chapter of Women’s March will take the momentum of last year’s marches and harness the political power of diverse women, femmes and allies to create transformative social change.
Women’s March invites Wisconsin to join millions across the world in celebrating the one-year anniversary of the Women’s March. Events in Wisconsin include:
- Milwaukee – Jan. 20, 2018
- 10AM-11AM – Rally at Milwaukee County Courthouse, 901 N. 9th St., Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
- 11AM-12PM – March to Wisconsin Center, 400 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53203
- 12PM-3PM – Afternoon of action, fundraising, food and fellowship at Wisconsin Center
- Green Bay – Jan. 20, 2018, 10AM-6PM
- 10AM-11AM – Rally at YWCA Greater Green Bay, 230 S Madison St, Green Bay, Wisconsin 54301
- 11AM-12PM – March on Main St.
- 12PM-6PM – Afternoon of action, workshops, fundraising, lunch and fellowship at YWCA
- Eau Claire – Jan. 20, 2018, 10AM-5PM
- 10AM-11AM – Rally at Phoenix Park, 330 Riverfront Terrace, Eau Claire, WI 54703
- 11AM-12PM – March to Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 421 S Farwell St., Eau Claire, WI 54701
- 12PM-5PM – Afternoon of action, workshops, voter registration, fundraising and fellowship at Unitarian
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/womensmarchwi
Women’s March WI: This is the Wisconsin chapter of the Women’s March movement. Women’s March is a women-led movement providing intersectional education on a diverse range of issues and creating entry points for new grassroots activists and organizers to engage in their local communities through trainings, outreach programs and events. Women’s March is committed to dismantling systems of oppression through nonviolent resistance and building inclusive structures guided by self-determination, dignity and respect.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Women’s March WI
Wisconsin Attorney General Schimel: Catholic Church “Experiment” in Which Sex Offenders Were Placed Back Into Ministry a “Mistake”Oct 16th, 2018 by Women’s March WI
Contrary to his claims at Sunday’s debate, Schimel says he is now investigating the abuse, but he refuses to speak publicly with victims about it
We know that it is imperative that voters in Milwaukee County come out on August 14th to elect Earnell Lucas.
We believe that women and children’s lives and safety are of utmost importance.