WJI supports Gov. Evers’ cannabis initiative
"Wisconsin's refusal so far to adopt a medical marijuana program is hurting the state's residents and its economy."
“This is a good positive step,” Schuldt said, noting that WJI is awaiting details. “Wisconsin’s refusal so far to adopt a medical marijuana program is hurting the state’s residents and its economy. Why would any individual or business established in a medical marijuana state want to move to Wisconsin, where legitimate treatments are suddenly felonies?”
Evers is right to propose decriminalizing some marijuana offenses and expunction of criminal records for some past marijuana convictions, she said.
“It is time for this state to join the 21st century on marijuana laws,” Schuldt said. “Wisconsinites made their opinion clear in November, when they voted in 16 advisory referendums in favor of cannabis legalization. Now it’s time to find out if the Legislature respects the will and legitimate medical needs of the voters.”
The mission of the Wisconsin Justice Initiative is to advocate for progressive change in the Wisconsin justice system by educating the public about its real-life impacts and partnering with other organizations to achieve more just outcomes.
- High Time to Support Cannabis Legalization - State Sen. Melissa Agard - May 5th, 2021
- Op Ed: Senate Leader Blocks Marijuana Reform - Iuscely Flores - Apr 27th, 2021
- Cannabis Backers Switch Focus to Local Laws - Isiah Holmes - Apr 26th, 2021
- It’s Time for Legal Cannabis in Wisconsin - A Better Wisconsin Together - Apr 20th, 2021
- Evers, Advocates Discuss Justice System Reform, Legalizing Pot - Graham Kilmer - Apr 17th, 2021
- GOP State Senate Leader Dismisses Marijuana Legalization - Laurel White - Apr 16th, 2021
- Thousands of Wisconsinites Sign Petition in Support of Cannabis Legalization - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Mar 29th, 2021
- MKE County: Board Changes Pot Possession Fine to $1 - Graham Kilmer - Mar 26th, 2021
- County Board Adopts Resolution Reducing Marijuana Possession Penalty - Sup. Sylvia Ortiz-Velez - Mar 25th, 2021
- City Hall: Proposal Ends Fines for Pot Possession - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 23rd, 2021
Read more about Legalizing of Marijuana here