WisGOP Statement on Tony Evers’ Refusal to Fire John Chisholm
[Madison, WI] – Tonight, after weeks of dodging questions on whether he planned to fire Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm, Tony Evers gave concerned Wisconsinites their answer: there will be no consequences for John Chisholm after his office authorized $1,000 bail for Darrell Brooks, who is the suspect of a violent attack that killed six Wisconsinites, including a child, and injured more than 60 at the Waukesha Christmas parade.
“Today, Tony Evers had the gall to suggest that there weren’t enough ‘facts’ to fire John Chisholm. Here are the facts: John Chisholm’s office allowed a decades-long violent criminal to walk free and kill six people in Waukesha, and Tony Evers is refusing to hold him accountable.
“Tony Evers failed the community of Waukesha tonight, and families across Wisconsin will be extremely disappointed by his choice. Wisconsinites cannot count on him to keep them safe.”
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff on Anniversary of 2021 Waukesha Christmas Parade Tragedy - Gov. Tony Evers - Nov 18th, 2022
- Darrell Brooks Jr. Sentenced to Multiple Lifetimes in Prison - Deneen Smith - Nov 16th, 2022
- Senators Baldwin and Johnson Lead Resolution to Remember First Anniversary of the Waukesha Christmas Parade Tragedy - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Nov 16th, 2022
- Will Darrell Brooks Appeal His Conviction? - Evan Casey - Nov 1st, 2022
- Fitzgerald Statement on Guilty Verdict in Waukesha Christmas Parade Trial - U.S. Rep Scott Fitzgerald - Oct 26th, 2022
- Darrell Brooks Trial Goes to Jury - Evan Casey - Oct 26th, 2022
- Waukesha Parade Killings Trial May Soon Go To Jury - Deneen Smith - Oct 24th, 2022
- Darrell Brooks Jr. Begins Defense in Waukesha Christmas Parade Killings Trial - Evan Casey - Oct 20th, 2022
- Prosecutors To Conclude Their Case in Darrell Brooks Trial Wednesday - Evan Casey - Oct 18th, 2022
- Despite Disruptions, Darrell Brooks’ Trial Begins - Evan Casey - Oct 6th, 2022
Read more about Tragedy at Waukesha Christmas Parade here