Wisconsin Insurance Commissioner Confirms Getting Vaccinated Will Not Impact Life Insurance Policies
Madison, Wis. – Wisconsin Insurance Commissioner Mark Afable and the Wisconsin Council of Life Insurers are urging Wisconsin consumers to be wary of misinformation spreading online regarding the COVID-19 vaccination and life insurance policies.
In recent days, social media posts have falsely indicated that receiving a COVID-19 vaccine would void a policyholder’s life insurance coverage due to the rapid development of these vaccines.
According to Connie O’Connell, Executive Director of the Wisconsin Council of Life Insurers, “Life insurance policies clearly spell out what might cause your insurer to deny a benefit. Receiving a COVID-19 vaccine is not one of them.”
Vaccine status is not currently considered by life insurers when determining coverage or rates for new applicants either.
Policyholders are encouraged to contact their insurer if they have any questions or concerns about the details of their policies. Wisconsin consumers can also learn more about life insurance by visiting OCI.wi.gov.
- WI Daily: 805 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 20th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Announces $50 Million to Support Kids’ Learning Opportunities, Mental Health - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 20th, 2021
- Ron Johnson Doubles Down on Toxic Vote Against American Rescue Plan, Tells WI Voters They Didn’t Deserve Direct Checks - Protect Our Care Wisconsin - Apr 20th, 2021
- Governor Evers, DHS Announce More Than $175 Million to Support COVID-19 Testing in Schools - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Apr 20th, 2021
- Senator Johnson Admits “Stand(ing) in the Way of Getting Checks to Everybody” - Opportunity Wisconsin - Apr 20th, 2021
- Robin Vos Must Stop Spreading Vaccine Doubts Online - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Apr 19th, 2021
- WI Daily: 373 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 19th, 2021
- WI Daily: 518 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 18th, 2021
- WI Daily: 727 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 17th, 2021
- WI Daily: 709 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 16th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here