Wisconsin Insurance Commissioner Confirms Getting Vaccinated Will Not Impact Life Insurance Policies
Madison, Wis. – Wisconsin Insurance Commissioner Mark Afable and the Wisconsin Council of Life Insurers are urging Wisconsin consumers to be wary of misinformation spreading online regarding the COVID-19 vaccination and life insurance policies.
In recent days, social media posts have falsely indicated that receiving a COVID-19 vaccine would void a policyholder’s life insurance coverage due to the rapid development of these vaccines.
According to Connie O’Connell, Executive Director of the Wisconsin Council of Life Insurers, “Life insurance policies clearly spell out what might cause your insurer to deny a benefit. Receiving a COVID-19 vaccine is not one of them.”
Vaccine status is not currently considered by life insurers when determining coverage or rates for new applicants either.
Policyholders are encouraged to contact their insurer if they have any questions or concerns about the details of their policies. Wisconsin consumers can also learn more about life insurance by visiting OCI.wi.gov.
- MKE County: COVID-19 Hospitalizations Rising - Graham Kilmer - Jan 16th, 2023
- Not Enough Getting Bivalent Booster Shots, State Health Officials Warn - Gaby Vinick - Dec 26th, 2022
- Nearly All Wisconsinites Age 6 Months and Older Now Eligible for Updated COVID-19 Vaccine - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Dec 15th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Bi-Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Dec 9th, 2022
- MKE County: COVID-19 Disease Burden Remains Stable - Graham Kilmer - Nov 25th, 2022
- MKE County: Wastewater Data Shows COVID-19 Uptick - Graham Kilmer - Nov 18th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Bi-Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Nov 11th, 2022
- DHS Launches Free Telehealth Service for COVID-19 Treatment - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Nov 2nd, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Oct 28th, 2022
- New COVID-19 Boosters Available for Children - Graham Kilmer - Oct 25th, 2022
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here