Sylvia Ortiz-Velez, announces candidacy to be next 8th District State Assembly Representative
“The people of the 8th Assembly District deserve a Representative that understands and addresses the struggles we face. I was born and raised on Milwaukee’s near south side and will always fight for my neighbors. I have pride in our hardworking community and I want to continue to help make our neighborhood a better place to work and live.
Ortiz-Velez currently serves as Milwaukee County’s 12th district Supervisor which encompasses the vast majority of the 8th Assembly District . “If Wisconsin is going to succeed, it needs a strong, vibrant Milwaukee at its heart. We need to address crime, education, economic inequality, lack of access to public services, economic development and shared revenues, and funding of local governments.
We need leadership to attract economic development, and stability, We need to keep our neighborhoods safe and affordable for those who’ve been here a long time, while also attracting new residents looking for a new home.
- WEAC Press Release of recommended candidate in AD8 - Wisconsin Education Association Council - Jul 14th, 2020
- Neal Plotkin Announces Historic Nomination Signature Total - Neal Plotkin - May 20th, 2020
- Enrique Murguia Announces Candidacy for 8th District State Assembly - Enrique Murguia - May 11th, 2020
- JoAnna Bautch Announces Candidacy for State Assembly - JoAnna Bautch - Apr 22nd, 2020
- Sylvia Ortiz-Velez, announces candidacy to be next 8th District State Assembly Representative - Sup. Sylvia Ortiz-Velez - Apr 14th, 2020
Read more about 8th District State Assembly Race here
Recent Press Releases by Sup. Sylvia Ortiz-Velez
"Expanding access to driver's licenses will make the roads safer for everyone."
"To be clear: It is not Milwaukee County's policy to demolish the Domes, nor is that my position."
"Separating families is cruel and is completely contradictory to our American values."