Statement of United States Attorney Krueger Regarding Protests in Milwaukee
The Justice Department and the FBI are making the investigation of George Floyd’s tragic death a top priority. . https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/4569255-u-s-attorney-erica-macdonald-dept-is-making-george-floyd-investigation-a-top-priority/
As the Major Cities Chiefs Association said, George Floyd’s death is “deeply disturbing and should be of concern to all Americans.” https://www.majorcitieschiefs.com/news_detail.php?detail=308,
Yesterday, the vast majority of protestors in Milwaukee expressed their concerns peaceably. But late last night, some protestors set fires in several stores, causing damage to innocent owners. In addition, a Milwaukee Police Department officer suffered a minor gunshot injury from a currently unknown source. Such violence and property damage accomplish nothing and instead only create more victims.
Although we respect the rights of all to express their concerns peaceably, federal law enforcement is joined with state and local authorities to address further violence. Federal law imposes stiff penalties for commercial arson and other crimes. I encourage everyone to act in peace so that our nation can promote healing rather than suffer new wounds.
- Accountability should not be such a rare commodity - Ald. Milele Coggs - Apr 21st, 2021
- Statement on the verdict in the Derek Chauvin trial - Ald. Chantia Lewis - Apr 20th, 2021
- Statement from Milwaukee Police Department on Derek Chauvin Verdict - Milwaukee Police Department - Apr 20th, 2021
- Live Stream From Justice 4 George Floyd Rally - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 20th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement on Verdict in Chauvin Trial - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 20th, 2021
- County Executive David Crowley Statement on Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict - County Executive David Crowley - Apr 20th, 2021
- Sheriff Earnell R. Lucas Statement on the Verdicts in the Chauvin Trial - Earnell Lucas - Apr 20th, 2021
- Opportunity Wisconsin Statement on Derek Chauvin Guilty Verdict - Opportunity Wisconsin - Apr 20th, 2021
- Sen. Larson Statement on outcome of Derek Chauvin trial - State Sen. Chris Larson - Apr 20th, 2021
- Jury Finds Officer Derek Chauvin Guilty - WPR Staff - Apr 20th, 2021
Read more about 2020 Racial Justice Protests here