Press Release

Spectrum To Hire More Than 100 Field Technicians Across Wisconsin

Business Growth, Network Expansion Create Need for More Technicians to Support Installations and Provide Customer Service

By - Feb 9th, 2023 02:29 pm

As Spectrum makes steady progress on network expansion initiatives – often in newly served rural areas – the connectivity provider looks to expand its team by hiring more field technicians in several parts of Wisconsin.

Strong business growth and aggressive statewide advanced fiber optic network buildout projects have Spectrum hiring more 100 Field Technicians for its Wisconsin service area including, South Central Wisconsin, the Greater Milwaukee area, Northeastern Wisconsin, and Rhinelander.

Field Technicians install and support Spectrum services in customers’ homes and businesses to maintain vital connectivity.

Field Technician roles offer competitive hourly wages starting at $20 an hour, along with comprehensive health and retirement benefits. Spectrum also provides Field Technicians extensive ongoing training and a robust career progression program that includes U.S. Department of Labor-certified Broadband Field Technician Apprenticeship. Many Spectrum technicians have advanced their careers into roles such as network maintenance, construction or supervisory and management positions – furthering the need to grow the field technician workforce.

“We have a great story to tell about what’s driving our business growth and related hiring at Spectrum,” said Paul Navin, Area Vice President for Spectrum’s Wisconsin Field Operations. “The evolution of our network, expansion into unserved areas and our focus on execution create the need for more technicians who can provide installations, support network connectivity and provide superior customer service. This is a great role for individuals who want to build a fulfilling career with strong starting wages, excellent benefits and self-paced advancement opportunities.”

Spectrum will host in-person interviews in various communities on Feb. 15, March 1, March 16 and March 29, and will make same-day offers for these openings. Candidates can easily learn more about the Field Technician role, see locations with available positions and obtain details for the onsite hiring events happening across the state by visiting jobs.spectrum.com/hiringevent.

In addition to a $20 minimum starting wage, Spectrum employees receive comprehensive health benefits, and for 10 consecutive years, the company has absorbed the full annual cost increase of medical, dental and vision coverage. The company also offers employees a market-leading retirement plan, with a 401(k) that matches the first 6% of employee contributions, plus a Retirement Accumulation Plan with an additional 3% company contribution — for which Field Technicians are eligible — bringing the total company contribution to a potential 9%.

Spectrum employees can also receive up to $10,000 per year in education assistance, as well as complimentary and discounted pricing on Spectrum services.

NOTE: This press release was submitted to Urban Milwaukee and was not written by an Urban Milwaukee writer. It has not been verified for its accuracy or completeness.

Mentioned in This Press Release


Recent Press Releases by Spectrum

Spectrum Introduces Xumo Streaming

Better Technology and User Experience Replace Traditional Cable Box

Spectrum To Hire More Than 100 Field Technicians Across Wisconsin

Business Growth, Network Expansion Create Need for More Technicians to Support Installations and Provide Customer Service

Leave a Reply

You must be an Urban Milwaukee member to leave a comment. Membership, which includes a host of perks, including an ad-free website, tickets to marquee events like Summerfest, the Wisconsin State Fair and the Florentine Opera, a better photo browser and access to members-only, behind-the-scenes tours, starts at $9/month. Learn more.

Join now and cancel anytime.

If you are an existing member, sign-in to leave a comment.

Have questions? Need to report an error? Contact Us