Speaker Vos Directs Assembly Committee to Utilize its Powers to Review Statewide Election
Madison…Assembly Speaker Robin Vos (R-Rochester) released the following statement about his request to the Assembly Committee on Campaigns and Elections and its chair, Representative Ron Tusler (R-Harrison).
“I am directing the committee to use its investigatory powers under Wisconsin SS 13.31 to immediately review how the election was administered. With concerns surfacing about mail-in ballot dumps and voter fraud, Wisconsin citizens deserve to know their vote counted. There should be no question as to whether the vote was fair and legitimate, and there must be absolute certainty that the impending recount finds any and all irregularities.
“I encourage citizens to volunteer to participate in the recount in their respective communities and take an active role in ensuring fair elections.
“Wisconsin‘s election system is one of the best in the country. We have well-trained staff that finished counting the ballots well before most other states. However, we can always look for ways to improve it even more. I hope the committee investigates the inefficiency of Milwaukee’s central counting of absentee ballots, as well as the removal of voters from the rolls who no longer live here.”
- State Elections Commission Gets Testy - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 1st, 2020
- Sidney Powell Files Suit to Overturn State Election - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 1st, 2020
- Trump Lawsuit Would Throw Out Only Milwaukee and Dane County Votes - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 1st, 2020
- Op Ed: Stop Blaming People of Color - Angela Lang - Nov 30th, 2020
- State Declares Biden Won Election - Graham Kilmer - Nov 30th, 2020
- Recount Reaffirms that Wisconsin Voters Picked Joe Biden - A Better Wisconsin Together - Nov 30th, 2020
- Wisconsin Recount Grows Biden’s Margin, But Trump Says Fight Isn’t Over - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- Trump Promises Lawsuit Challenging Wisconsin Election Results - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- New Lawsuit Challenges Election Drop Boxes, Wants Election Thrown Out - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 27th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Completes Recount - George Christenson - Nov 27th, 2020
Read more about 2020 General Election here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos
Republicans will continue to block Governor Evers’ liberal agenda and ensure the state moves forward without expanding welfare, overspending or overtaxing the citizens of Wisconsin.
"The reality is that the voters of Wisconsin have chosen divided government."
“The reforms allow incarcerated youth to have access to the services and rehabilitation they need while in facilities closer to their homes and families.”