Sen. Fitzgerald Stands Up for Second Amendment, Ends Evers’ Special Session on Gun Control
"I’ve said all along that the Senate would not go along with the governor’s plans for this special session."
[Madison, WI] — On Thursday, the Wisconsin State Senate ended Governor Evers‘ special session on gun control. This follows weeks of promises from Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald that the Senate would reject any efforts by the governor to restrict the Second Amendment. After the close of the session, Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald released the following statement:
“In recent months we’ve seen liberals across the country run on a platform of support for gun confiscation, and Governor Evers himself has left the door open on backing similar proposals. I’ve said all along that the Senate would not go along with the governor’s plans for this special session.
“As I travel throughout southeastern Wisconsin, I regularly hear from individuals who ask me to protect their Second Amendment rights. As long as I represent the 13th Senate District in the Legislature, I will continue to do exactly that.”
Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau) represents the 13th Senate District, which covers portions of Dodge, Jefferson, Waukesha, Washington, Dane, and Columbia counties.
- Rep. Stubbs Statement on Shooting in Knoxville, TN - State Rep. Shelia Stubbs - Apr 12th, 2021
- Rep. Bowen Applauds Biden-Harris Administration for Executive Action to Curb Gun Violence in Our Communities - State Rep. David Bowen - Apr 8th, 2021
- Senator Agard Applauds President Biden Taking Steps to Address Gun Violence - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Apr 8th, 2021
- AG Kaul, Dem Lawmakers Push New Gun Laws - Laurel White - Apr 1st, 2021
- Senator Agard joins Attorney General Josh Kaul, Senator LaTonya Johnson in Support of Governor Evers’ Gun Safety Budget Provisions - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Apr 1st, 2021
- Op Ed: Gun Owners for Gun Control - Dave Cieslewicz - Mar 28th, 2021
- Rep. Bowen Condemns Anti-Asian Hate, Calls for Common Sense Gun Reform - State Rep. David Bowen - Mar 26th, 2021
- Senator Agard responds to Speaker Vos comments regarding gun reform legislation - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Mar 24th, 2021
- Rep. Stubbs Statement on Shooting in Boulder, Colorado - State Rep. Shelia Stubbs - Mar 23rd, 2021
- Senator Agard Responds to Boulder Shooting, Calls for Immediate Action on Gun Safety in Wisconsin - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Mar 23rd, 2021
Read more about Gun Violence here