Senator Agard: Statement on Shooting Tragedy at the Oneida Casino Complex
MADISON – Senator Melissa Agard (D-Madison) released the following statement after the shooting at the Oneida Casino complex last night:
“My heart is breaking for those in the Oneida Nation and the Green Bay area. I am thinking of the victims of this horrible violence. They were people who loved and were loved. I am thinking of the families and loved ones left behind. They will carry this senseless tragedy on their soul forever, and I am sending my love to them as they mourn this unspeakable loss.
“To the Green Bay community and Oneida Nation – you have my thoughts and support. I will support you by working tirelessly to bring about the changes needed to address these incidents of gun violence. I will carry you with me every day in my work as we look to find solutions to this uniquely American problem. And I will never accept that these incidents are inevitable. It is time to make change. Now. We can’t wait another day.”
NOTE: This press release was submitted to Urban Milwaukee and was not written by an Urban Milwaukee writer. It has not been verified for its accuracy or completeness.
- Senator Agard Introduces Firearm Safety Bills with Legislative Democratic Colleagues - State Sen. Melissa Agard, Senate Democratic Leader - Oct 26th, 2023
- AG Kaul to U.S. Attorney General Garland: Firearm Regulations Must Include Ghost Guns - Wisconsin Department of Justice - Aug 20th, 2021
- Op Ed: Legal Firearms Used in Many Mass Shootings - O. Ricardo Pimentel - May 26th, 2021
- Bipartisan legislation a positive step forward for gun reform - Mayor Cavalier Johnson - May 17th, 2021
- Bipartisan Bill Bans Guns For Those Convicted of Domestic Violence - Erik Gunn - May 14th, 2021
- Club Midtown isn’t a thing - Mayor Cavalier Johnson - May 5th, 2021
- County Executive David Crowley Statement on Recent Acts of Gun Violence - County Executive David Crowley - May 4th, 2021
- Republicans Continue to Show their True Colors with Upcoming Budget Plans: The Time for Action is Now - State Sen. Melissa Agard, Senate Democratic Leader - May 3rd, 2021
- Continued gun violence underscores the need for change - Mayor Cavalier Johnson - May 3rd, 2021
- Senator Agard: Statement on Shooting Tragedy at the Oneida Casino Complex - State Sen. Melissa Agard, Senate Democratic Leader - May 2nd, 2021
Read more about Gun Violence here