Republican Health Committees: Missing in Action
Say it ain’t so, Joe!
(MADISON)—Today, Senator Tim Carpenter issued the following statement on the lack of action to address the pandemic in the Assembly and Senate Health Committees:
“It is shocking that even during a once in a century public health crisis, the Republican Chairmen of the Assembly and Senate Health Committees have not bothered to address the ongoing pandemic in our state through public hearings, informational hearings, and legislation. Senator Testin and Representative Sanfelippo haven’t held a single public hearing since February 13th and March 11th respectively.
“Republicans do not care that 1,633 Wisconsinites and counting have died as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic. The GOP would rather use taxpayer dollars on $800 per hour attorneys to implore the courts to strike down and delay the Governor’s initiatives. At a time when our state needs a bipartisan, all-hands-on-deck strategy, the Republicans in control of the legislature have demonstrated that they are show ponies, not work horses.”
- Federal and State Action Needed on COVID Relief for Wisconsin - State Sen. Jon Erpenbach - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Vos Pandemic Plan Sets Up Political Battle - Melanie Conklin and Erik Gunn - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Gov. Evers Announces $15 Million in Grants Distributed to Wisconsin’s Live Music and Entertainment Venues - Gov. Tony Evers - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Cpt. Kelly Lynn Raether of Ixonia Fire & EMS - Gov. Tony Evers - Dec 3rd, 2020
- With Wisconsin in need of a lifeline, Assembly GOP created an obstacle course - State Sen. Chris Larson - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Gov. Evers Announces $45 Million in Targeted Assistance for Restaurants Impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic - Gov. Tony Evers - Dec 3rd, 2020
- WI Daily: 41 of 72 Counties Have Critically High COVID-19 Spread - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 2nd, 2020
- City Reduces Capacity for Restaurants, Bars - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 2nd, 2020
- AFSCME Wisconsin Statement on Assembly Speaker Robin Vos & Republican Caucus Proposed COVID Legislation - AFSCME Wisconsin Council 32 - Dec 2nd, 2020
- COVID-19 Trends Prompt Milwaukee Health Department to Modify Current Public Health Order - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Dec 2nd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here